cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Netweaver 7.0 SP22 - import Portal files from client broken after Patching

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

we've just updated out development & QA portals to NW 7 SP22. We've just found that we cannot use the Transport Import using the "Client" option. After selecting an epa or par file from the browser the usual upload process doesn't work. We can copy the files we want to import onto the portal server host and import as normal using the "server" option in the Transport Import process. This must be an SP22 issue as this is happening on all our portals that have been updated. Portal instances on SP21 that have yet to be updated to SP22 work without issue when trying to import from the frontend PC.

We've just been asked to upload some ICE content into the portal but this process only provides the ability to import from the client PC - so we're stuck !!

Has anyone hit this same issue and if so have you been able to resolve. I'm just opening a message with SAP on the problem but thought I'd try the forum also.

Regards,

Brian.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

ErvinSzolke
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hello Brian,

as I can see the ticket 970339 2010 has been confirmed in the meantime. Sorry that you did not receive any useful information from the NWDI forum guys, I think the reason is that this question is not related to the NWDI, but is rather a question about "HTMLB Business for Java".

As I assume the problem is resolved, I kindly ask you to close this thread.

Thank you!

Best Regards,

Ervin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Closing thread as problem resolved.

Brian.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member214355
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Brian

I see that you have not been able to find a solution for this.

Can you provide some more information which may help the other SDN posters to assist you?

Thanks

Kenny

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kenny,

SAP have been looking at the issue for us via our OSS http URL connection to our development portal. We are still awaiting the results of the analysis.

I'll update the thread after we have a resolution.

Regards,

Brian.

former_member214355
Contributor
0 Kudos

Thanks for the update Brian

Former Member
0 Kudos

Kenny,

Portal development looked into our problem and after enabling htmlb logging in debug the problem was found to be with the permissions on the /usr/sap/trans/ice directory. This directory was created a while back when the portals were setup for ICE content. The Unix permissions on this directory were 755 before SP22 which wasn't a problem for import from client operations.

After SP22 the import from client functionality needed to create a temp folder in the /usr/sap/trans/ice folder, so the group authorization on the folder needed write permission added.

After setting the write permission the import from client functionality worked.

I've asked SAP if this temp folder requirement is new with SP22.

Regards,

Brian.