Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP amd Microfoft Siverlight

Former Member
0 Kudos

I understand that SAP has a relationship with Adobe for RIA ...

Is there any partnership/relationship with Microsoft with Silverlight? http://www.silverlight.net/

Please advise. My customer is moving to sharepoint for their corporate portal and they also wnat to deply web apps. Given, that SAP is their priciple backend... Does SAP have any defined plans for integration with Silverlight for RIA web apps. linked to SAP backend?

2 REPLIES 2

GrahamRobbo
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi William,

I am not sure it would be correct to say that "SAP has a relationship with Adobe for RIA".

Certainly SAP has close relationships with Adobe and Microsoft at many levels, and you are correct that SAP have tended to show Adobe technology more often with RIA demos. This is in part because the Adobe Flex toolset was available earlier than Silverlight.

SAP have been using Silverlight exclusively in the Business By Design product for RIA experiences and will support Silverlight in WebDynpro Islands alongside Adobe Flex - so this means the developer can choose whichever technology they want to.

What can be said with certainty is that UI technology continues to change very quickly and what is regarded as leading edge today will be superseded with something else tomorrow.

If you search for "Silverlight" in SDN you will find plenty of articles, opinions, etc. that might help you. You might be better off pursuing investigations into SAP/Sharepoint interoperability rather than just the Silverlight technology.

Cheers

Graham Robbo

0 Kudos

Hi,

Silverlight should be available with SAP NetWeaver 7.02 aka 7.0 Enhancement Pack 2 I believe.

More info about 7.02:

http://enterprisegeeks.com/blog/2010/12/13/learning-content-to-use-with-the-new-abap-7-02-trial/

Kind regards,

Wouter