cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Syndication process - Tags in Data manager Selecting the map in Syndication

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Experts,

I am supporting a repository in MDM 7.1, and there is a part of the syndication process that i don´t know how does it work. This is the process what i mean:

The repository works with 3 different maps, the map is selected in MDM Data Manager belong a 'syndicatable' tag. Two of the maps are selected inside Qalified tables.

What i need to know is where could i see the configuration for that automatic mapping (it is performed belong MDSS), could anybody help me?

Thanks in advance,

Mariano Pinkava.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Priti and Rajesh, your answers were very helpful to involve me into the process.

Thanks in advance,

Mariano Pinkava

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Rajesh, thanks for your answer.

I would like to know if there is a place where i could set the path where an outbound port is going to set my output file after perform the syndication.

I have checked in MDM folders and i found a XML file which has the configuration of the ports, but it does not have any path. Neither i found any path in MDM console.

Does someone know where do the paths are set?

Thanks in advance,

Mariano Pinkava.

rajesh_chavan
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

When we create repositry in console it creates a folder structure on MDM server. Check OUTBOUND folders of your repository. you should get the file in READY folder.

To findout the path of repository folder structure just check mds.ini file in MDS folder. Repository Folder structure path must be mentioned in 'Distribution Root Dir' parametrs.

Cheers,

Rc

former_member208981
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Mariano,

In addition, please go through page 223 (mds.ini) & 272 of Console Reference Guide.

Syndication File Location:

When MDSS completes a syndication to a port, it places the syndication file in the portu2019s Ready folder. The Ready folder is part of the following fixed directory structure, located beneath the MDM Serveru2019s distribution root directory:

root/DBMSinstance_DBMStype/RepositoryName/Outbound/ RemoteSystem/PortName/Ready

where:

u2022 root is the distribution root directory (set in mds.ini).

u2022DBMSinstance is the network identifier used to specify the DBMS instance name and DBMStype is the four-character identifier for the DBMS type (i.e. MSQL, ORCL, IDB2).

u2022RepositoryName, RemoteSystem, and PortName are the values entered in the Code property for each item in MDM Console.

Thanks,

Priti

rajesh_chavan
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Mariano,

In case if you want to see Mapping done for those 3 maps then go to Syndicator. then File and Open...you will see all 3 maps in the pop-up. select anyone and you will see the mapping for that paricular map.

If you go to console and check OUTBOUND Ports you will be able to check which map is defined for particulat port.

Cheers,

Rc