cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to compare MM/WM stock and Quality inspection stock?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have an inquiry which deals with inconsistencies in stock between MM/WM and QM (quality inspection stock). There is a report which can be downloaded via OSS note 48815 which can even out this discrepancy. The point is how I can find out that there is a discrepany. I tried to find out the total stock value of stock in MM/WM (LX02?) and QM (QA32?).

If anyone can help me, I would appreciate a lot.

Regards,

Esra

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

former_member494495
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can apply this note 48815.

It first checks the inconsistency.

If there is inconsistency it will list. Then select and execute again to correct it.

If there is no inconsistency then the report will not do anything.

Former Member
0 Kudos

To compare stock quantities held up in QM, you may use one of the following methods.

1. Transaction QVM2 u2013 gives inspection lot with open quantities

2. Get list of all inspection lots using QA33 transaction, change the layout and add column called u201Cquantity to be postedu201D All no-zero quantities must be released in QM

3. Get list of inspection lot with statuses SPST (stock posting started) & SPRQ (stock posting required.). The quantity to be posted must be released in QM

For MM stock quantities, I would use MB52 instead of LX02.

Following stock will not show in LX02 - storage location managed in IM only or for sub-contract PO, stock may exists with vendor and will not Show LX02.

Hope this helps

Marwadi.

former_member42743
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

This isn't something that is straight forward, like just running a report.

You have to look at the field QALS-LMENGEZUB which is the quantity to be posted of he inspection lot. Keeping in mind that you can have multiple inspection lots for the same batch, you'd have to get all qals records for the batch you are interested in.

You then have to compare all the related MCHB records for the material and ln that table sum all the values in field CINSM.

That should show you any inconsistencies between the MM and QM.

I am assuming this is for batch managed, non-HU managed materials.

If not, let me know and we'll take another crack at it.

FF

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi FF,

Thanks for the suggested method. I wonder if there is a way to see the unit of measure of the material in the tables QALS and MCHB. I downloaded the result of these two tables on the plant basis. Question is if it is Ok to just do the sum of the table lines by assuming that the saldo of each material has the same base unit of measure ?

Regards,

Esra