cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Passing values to the dropdown in Adobe Interactive form

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Adobe Experts,

Can you please provide some inputs for the below mentioned points.

I have created a webdynpro application and placed an interactive form.

1. I have 2 dropdown fields in the interactive form..say Country and State. How can i show the all countries available in SAP system in the Country dropdown.(like standard dropdown)

2. How can i dynamically show the States of selected country in the dropdown of State.

3. I need to validate the mandatory fields on the form on click of Submit button kept on the form. But, giving Value Type "User entered...required" is not working. how to validate in another way. Should we write validation script for all individual fields.

4. How to place a web link on the interactive form. When user clicks on this link, we should navigate to that particular link.

Thanks & Regards,

Ram.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

4.- I don't know if there's a better way (there should be), but you can place a button, give it the look and feel of an hyperlink andin the click event of the label fire a postback which in turn can fire the navigation to another page.

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

3.- The required fields are controlled at per field basis, that is, each time you modify and leave the a field, it is validated, but not at the submit event.

You can trigger the validation script programmatically like this:

var validationResult = [ControlName].execValidate();

Former Member
0 Kudos

2.- In the change event of the country drop down list, you can do the postback with this line:

ContainerFoundation_JS.SendMessageToContainer(target, "submit", "", "", "", "");

Probably you'll need to set a flag indicating you're only going to fetch the states list.

At the server, in the onSubmit event of the interactive form, code the logic to fetch de States and load them in

the context, in a node structure which must be a child of the root node that you binded to the interactive form.

Repeat the steps of 1) to bind the states drop down list.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi RAM,

I'll try to answer your questions one by one. Any comments and feedback are welcome.

1.- I assume that you have created a Model, a Service Controller and binded the data to your view.

At this point, you need to bind the property datasource of your interactive form to a node in your context hierarchy.

This data will be available at the form Data View Palette.

Then you have to edit your form, drag a Drop Down List to the form and in the Fields Tab of the Object Palette you need

to bind the List Items property. Just click the link and in the "Dynamic Properties" window, choose the table root node for Items, and the Text and Value atributes for Text and value properties respectively.

After that, in the binding tab, you will have to do the "default binding", and bind the values clicking on "Specify Item Values".

Edited by: Aldo Velazquez on Nov 29, 2010 4:32 PM