cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

"This entry already exists in the following table 'Vat Transactions' (OTAX)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I have some trouble adding new invoices into SAP. Copying from the Sales order to an AR Invoice the following error occurs

Firstly, I get a system message "The Customer ref. no of this type already exists" on processing it follows with a status error when copying the order to AR Invoice

"This entry already exists in the following table 'Vat Transactions' (OTAX) [Message 131-183]"

"Exclusive code already exists '1486759'"

any ideas to resolve this

SBO 8.8 SP00 PL11.

Regards,

Rakesh N

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Gordon Du

I am having a same error but on inventory transfer when i transfer an expired material to whs 01 to whs 02 , SAP B1 throws an error i.e

Inventory Transfer - Rows - Warehouse Code][line: 20] , 'This entry already exists in the following tables  '' (IBT1) (ODBC -2035)'  [Message 131-183

Pls rectify the Problem

Thanx

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rakesh,

Is your system new or upgraded from other version.

Thanks,

Gordon

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gordon,

Yes, it has been upgraded a month and half ago n everything seemed to be fine till recenly when this error started occuring on all invoice and credit memos documents in the purchase and sales.

2007A SP00 PL31 to SBO 8.8 SP00 PL11

Regards,

Rakesh N

Former Member
0 Kudos

Have you tested new documents?

All this entry already exists errors are results of DB inconsistency or the record you try to create is a duplicate. It is often a bug for upgraded database. If you can not find anything wrong (such as taking out FMS, SP, add-on etc), log a support message is the only way to go.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gordon,

What happens if  the user had performed a Update Query on the OTAX table and then added the invoice he was unaware that he should not run UPDATE queries on database. But invoices to which the update query was not executed cannot be added.

The query follows :

CONTENT REMOVE, PLEASE DO NOT EXECUTE DB MODIFICATIONS.

Regards,

Rakesh N

Message was edited by: Paul Finneran

Former Member
0 Kudos

Update query should not be run. Your support from SAP will be void!

Check SAP Note 896891 Support Scope for SAP Business One to know more.