cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Guide me please

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI All,

I have 2 yrs of exp in which 10 months in Insurance company and 14 months as Fund Accountant (Hedge Funds). I have recently put down my papers in order to get trained and certified as SAP FI consultant. I'm planning to join Genovate next month for full time training. I have Master degree in Finance from the UK University.

Please let me know if my previous exp will be counted? Howz the demand for SAP FI consultant in the market? Do companies still recruit freshers in SAP?

Looking forward for your honest advice.

Thanks,

Ravi

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes, there is a good opportunity for all the SAP modules and I think your previous exprience should be counted not in SAP field but as a industry exprience.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Sunil for your honest reply. This will boost my confidence. Once again thanks a lot.

And any comment on getting trained from Genovate Bangalore?

Edited by: Ravi2086 on Nov 26, 2010 1:17 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

I think Genovate is a SAP educatin partner, mean should be good as it not very easy to get the partnership with SAP. There should be also training in SAP Labs have you checked? http://www.sap.com/india/services/education/index.epx try to call them and get more information.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sunil,

Yet again your post helped me and gave a new knowledge. I wasn't knowling about SAP Labs training. I will contact them and get informations. But i'm worried about one thing. Genovate has good placement services but I dont have any idea about SAP Labs. If you have any idea then please share with me.

Many Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

SAP Labs is not having any placement service. But I don't think so Genovate will give any assurance that you will be placed?

Former Member
0 Kudos

But based on the previous records, they have placed almost all of them. Please let me know if im wrong.

Former Member
0 Kudos

If you are sure then no issues. Also if possible check with your friends or someone who completed the training.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for the reply. But we have to put lot of efforts in order to get job. Please tell me howz the demand for SAP FI? Is it really tough to get a job after certification? Passing marks in exam is 55% right?

former_member195124
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

If your Finance basics are strong from your "Masters" course and pay proper attention for the 30 days in your training + certificaiton program, then it won't be a problem getting a job as an FI consultant.

But yes, don't mug up things in the training.

And yes, 55% is the passing for FI.

All the best!

-Zub

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Zubin,

Thanks for the response. I will surely put efforts in order to complete the course. I hope we need to put lot of time on practicing instead of mugging up the things. And also thanks for clarifying all my doubts.

Answers (0)