cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Reg Workflow Urgent!!!!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Can anyone tell me which component does the workflow take for sending mails to the approvers.i.e the subject of the approval mails sent & the matter inside when clicking on the mail description.

It would be helpful if I know from where the values of the shopping cart are taken by the workflow in both cases.I have noted that if the shopping cart amount is changed the mail subject that goes to the approvers remain the same i.e there is no change in the shopping cart amount in the subject mail but the change is reflected once we click on the actual approval mail subject i.e the detailed description.

Why is this so?

Can anyone please guide me!!!

Thanks in Advance.

With Regards,

Rajesh

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

masa_139
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hello Rajesh,

I'm not clear the problem but I guess you are talking about workitem text. Please do not confuse the "workitem" and "mail". Approver gets "workitem" in his/her workflow inbox. The "workitem text" looks like mail subject is defined in single step task level. For example, TS10008126 has "Approve shopping cart of &REQUISITIONERNAME& with value &REQREQ.TOTALVALUESTRING& &CURRENCYREQREQ&". What happens if you refresh the workflow inbox ?

Regards,

Masa

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

For offline approval, if you want to manage the mail, check report RSWUWFMLEC, and Masayuki is right.

BR

Bertrand

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Masa,

Thanks for the information.Then is the variable &REQREQ.TOTALVALUESTRING& which is used in the work item & the mail content same?

If so then in some cases where the shopping cart has more than 1 line item if you change the shopping cart value then the Shopping cart value of the work item remains unchanged while the mail inside has the updated shopping cart value. Why is it so?

How can we rectify the same?

Thanks in Advance,

Rajesh

masa_139
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hello Rajesh,

Which one is the problem "workitem" or "mail" ?

"mail" has static text when it is generated. Is this your problem ?

For example,

10:00 SC is created 100 EUR

10:00 "Workitem text" 100 EUR

10:10 Notification email is generated 100 EUR

10:20 SC is changed 200 EUR

10:30 Manager checks email which is 100 EUR

I think you expect 200 EUR but the "mail" is generated 10:10.

Regards,

Masa

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Masa,

The problem is with the mail SC value. The SC changed value is reflected in the work item but not in the subject of the mail. The subject of the mail contains the old SC value but on clicking in the mail the workitem matter contains the updated value. Why is this so?

With regards,

Rajesh

masa_139
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hello Rajesh,

Do you need the reason or any solution ?

I think the reason is the email is generated before the SC is changed.

email - static text when it is generated

workitem - dynamic value replacement when it is opened

Regards,

Masa

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Masa,

See I do agree that the email is generated before the Shopping cart is modified. But consider the below scenarios :

1) If an existing SC is changed just by changing the quantity of the items already present in the SC, then the approver who had already received a mail in the inbox had not got the value of the SC changed in the subject mail but found the SC changed value in the workitem (i.e on clicking the subject mail.

2) But if an existing SC is changed by adding a line item to it then the mail content has the SC value which is updated one and the workitem too has the same. This is because a workflow which updates the SC value in the variables concerned is triggered.

If this is the case then whenever the SC is changed irrespective of the line items being added or not the approver mail & the workitem should reflect the updated SC value.

But this is not happening. why is this inconsistency?

Can u tell me? I would appreciate if I could know the technical aspects of the same i.e in both the scenarios.

With Regards,

Rajesh

masa_139
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hello Rajesh,

Please let us know your system settings.

1. Do you use RSWUWFMLEC ? What is the parameters ?

2. Do you open "email" in SAP inbox or external mail inbox ?

3. What is the value for BBP_WFL_SECURITY ?

4. Is the WF restarted when you change the quantity or add items ?

Regards,

Masa

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Masa,

Sorry for a late response. I was out of station..

To clarify your questions which u had asked the last time.

1) Ya I see a report RSWUWFMLEC but how do u check out its parameters.

2)I open mail in SAP inbox.

3) where do I check the value of BBP_WFL_SECURITY and what is its implications?

4) Ya each time I make a change in the SC the workflow for change of SC gets restarted. The changed amount is reflected both in workitem & mail in case where we add a line item to the SC but without adding a line item it doesn't.

So kindly guide me into the detailed aspects about this.

Do u by any chance have a documentation on this.

Thanks in advance.

With regards,

Rajesh

masa_139
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hello Rajesh,

Regarding your original questions, this is my understanding.

Workitem header text: you get the latest value because the workflow is restarted.

Workitem body text: you get the latest value because the workflow is restarted.

eMail header text: you get old value because the mail is generated before SC is changed.

eMail body text: you get the latest value because the body text is generated when it is opened in SAPoffice inbox. If you open the mail in external mailbox, you get old value because the mail is generated before SC is changed.

Please test opening the notification email in external mailbox.

Regards,

Masa

Answers (0)