cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

OCI Mapping: SRM-MDM Catalog to SAP ECC 6

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear SRM-MDM Experts,

We are calling the SRM-MDM 3.0 Catalog from SAP ECC using tcode ME51N. The field Supplier_ID from the Catalog is being mapped on to the Fixed Vendor (EBAN-FLIEF) field on the purchase requisition in ECC. Where and how can we change this mapping so that the Supplier_ID field is mapped to the Desired Vendor field on ECC (EBAN-LIFNR)?

Thanks and regards

Pedzi

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member206388
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Pedzi.

How did you populate the supplier records to the MDM(Catalog)?

If you have done through MDMGX transaction from your R/3, then you can edit this by changing the properties in the Maintain Ports and Check-Tables. you can select the correct field which you want to populate to its ID.

Refer the Note: 964991 for more details on MDMGX.

If you have manually imported the records through Excel/XML then you have to change the source file records and import back to MDM through MDM Import manager.

Regards

Bala

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Bala,

Thanks for your response. What I am referring to in my question is the OCI mapping from SRM-MDM Catalogue to ECC Purchase requisition. The OCI field NEW_ITEM-VENDOR is mapped to catalogue field Supplier ID which in the ECC purchase requisition is maps to the Fixed Vendor field. The question is how do I map the OCI field NEW_ITEM-VENDOR to the SAP ECC field Desired Vendor instead of Fixed Vendor?

Thanks

Pedzi

former_member206388
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Pedzi.

Yes, I got it. The field which you are referring(Desired Vendor) Is it maintained in the repository for the record.

If it is so, then you can change the mapping. If the MDM repository doesn't holds this information then you can't acheive this through mapping. To achieve this refer to my previous reply.

Or

You can also achieve this through the CATALOG BADI, where if you can write a piece of code where you can find the desired vendor through the fixed vendor.

Hope this helps.

Regards

Bala

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Bala,

On the SRM-MDM Catalogue I have the Supplier ID field in the Suppliers table. This field in mapped to NEW_ITEM-VENDOR on the OCI. When I create a purchase requisition in ECC, the Supplier ID field is mapped to the Fixed Vendor field on the purchase requisition. Our requierement is that the Supplier ID field from the Catalogue must be mapped to the Desired Vendor, NOT Fixed Vendor. Even if I map another field form the Catalog called Desired Vendor to NEW_ITEM-VENDOR on the OCI, on the purchase requisition this is mapped to the Fixed Vendor field. The question then is how can we change the mapping inside ECC so that NEW_ITEM-VENDOR is mapped to Desired Vendor instead of Fixed Vendor. Does the BADI you mentioned exist in ECC?

Thanks

Pedzi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Have you solved ur problem.

I m also facing the same issue.

Could you please let us know.

Regards

Venkatesh P

Former Member
0 Kudos

I never resolved this issue. I am not mapping the supplier ID anymore. The supplier is transferred with the contract.

Regards

Pedzi