cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Difference between Pro-forma & billing doc.

former_member643572
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear all,

I wanna know the differnce between pro-forma & billing Doc. ,as i heard that pro-forma do not update the accounts.

So what iz the actual scenario,waiting for reply,

Thanks & Regards,

Olet Malla..

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Despite repeated requests, you continue to post basic questions which can be searched in the forum. If you dont know where to search, click this link and get the required informations.

[Forum Search|http://forums.sdn.sap.com/search!default.jspa?objID=f246]

I once again request you not to deviate the forum rules.

thanks

G. Lakshmipathi

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

yes you are right.

billing document values triggers to accounts thru RAD resulting in an accounting document.

proforma invoice : will not triggers to an accounts so an accounting document will not get generated and it is mostly use ful for Stock transfers from manufacturing plant to to any depot whether in india or abroad.

its a copy that's all to show to RTO when goods are in transit he has to carry this proforma document.

hope this clears your issue.

regards,

balajia.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Olet,

As you already told, proforma invoice will not create the accounting entries.

Requirement for Proforma invoice may differs.

One requirement is to intimate the customer to settle an advance payment. While making the payment, customer wants to see the sample bill for which he is going to make payment. So he demands proforma invoice.

Another requirement is to have a document while freight forwarders carry the materials. An invoice or Proforma invoice should be accompanied. This is the legal requirement.

Another requirement to have proforma while Stock Transport Order.

Regards,

Mullairaja