cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sampling size not getting triggered

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All,

I have created one new samling procedure and assigned sampling scheme.

INs plan i have assigned this sampling procedure. qualitative.

Sampling Procedure i have maintained 300 use sampling scheme and Attr.insp.non coming units/,manual.

Sampling scheme i have maintained normal inspection and lot is

10 1

50 5

100 10

10000 50

1000000000 10.000

then made GRN and gone to qulaity afterthat whn i am doing results recording this sampling size quantity not coming. its coming as full quantity only.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

INs plan i have assigned this sampling procedure. qualitative

It seems that sampling scheme you have created is Quantitative & sampling procedure used is Qualitative....

System should popup for non conforming units ,I am sure its asking for individual values .............try & change sampling procedure to Quantitative

Also make sure that you have ticked on sampling procedure in control indicator & sampling procedure actually exists in the Inspection against each MIC

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sujit,

Thanks for your quick reply. i will tell you the scenario.. For incoming only we are going to inspect the material that too only visual inspection. In this visual they are telling some materials they will do full qty like packing condition, gud conditon etc.

But for some materials 10% only they will inspection.

For this only i have activate qualitative in ins. plan. But sampling procedure i havnt mentioned whether its qualitative or quantiatie...

Could u pls guide me how to do this one.

Former Member
0 Kudos

For incoming only we are going to inspect the material that too only visual inspection. In this visual they are telling some materials they will do full qty like packing condition, gud conditon etc.

But for some materials 10% only they will inspection.

In this visual they are telling some materials they will do full qty Create a sampling procedure--->sampling type = 100%

Select Valuation mode Attribute insp non conf unit.

But for some materials 10% only they will inspection.->Create a sampling procedure->sampling type=10 %

Select Valuation mode Attribute insp non conf unit.

Now attach these Sampling procedures to the respective material & respective MIC's.

Due to attribute & Qualitative MIC's( packing condition) with single Result recording --> system should ask you ok /not ok etc

That's what i think !!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for your reply.

For point 1 i have maintained sampling procedure is sampling scheme and Select Valuation mode Attribute insp non conf unit.

for 10% sampling i have used sampling scheme and Select Valuation mode Attribute insp non conf unit.

Now alsi ts not triggering sujit.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I already explained you need not to use the sampling type =as sampling scheme..........in my previous thread i said use the 100% & 10 % sampling type.

Also make sure that sampling procedure attached to each MIC & sampling procedure is ticked in the "control indicator of task list.

Former Member
0 Kudos

As per the above settings i have done for the particular material.

now i have done GRN and doing results recording its not showing the percentage quanitty.

for 10% i have maintained Sample percentage and sample as size as% lot =100%, acc no of % as=10.

is it right?

Former Member
0 Kudos

for 10% sampling

Sampling type = Percentage Sampling

sampling Plan:

Size as % of lot 10

AccNo. as % 10-->This means even if 1 sample is rejected char stands to be rejected.

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Sujit,

I have maintained all the setting as per your guidenance. But not able to the sample size....

any other setting is missed out.

Former Member
0 Kudos

what are the control indicators tick you have selected.

make sure that your char is "required char" & not "optional one"

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes i have selected required char and sampling procedure only. any clues..

Former Member
0 Kudos

Now last suggestions

1.Check the QM view--->Inspection type have you ticked here

"Inspection plan" ticked or not ( it must be but still make sure)

2.Make sure that you have not ticked on manual sampling etc

Now also check status of the char 2 or 4 etc during the result recording.

Check the status of the inspection lot also what it is

There are only possibilities I can tell you (if task list is attached to the Inspection plan.)

Former Member
0 Kudos

As per you suggestion 1. its in active 2. not ticked

results recording char 10..ins lot status is REL CALC SPRQ before results recording.

GR qty is 50. And doing results recording by defaults is coming 50 as inspected.

after results recording status showing INSP RREC SPRQ.

Task list alreayd attached to the inspeciton plan.

Edited by: madansiva on Dec 3, 2010 9:30 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

In material master setup I have unchecked the 100% inspection.

Now sample size has been trigged.

hence I am closing this issue.