cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HTTPS communication for Adobe Offline form with SAP ABAP WAS

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

Can we use HTTPS communication method to call a SAP ABAP Web Service from an Adobe offline form?

Example : I have a SUBMIT button in my Adobe offline form and when clicked, it populates a sales order number in the form.

Here my SAP ABAP server from where it reads the info is using HTTPS communication method. Now if i use the same service with HTTP it works fine but if i switch the service to use HTTPS it shows me an error "Error attempting to read from file. <https://FQDN/<service name> .

I am using self-signed SSL server certificate from SAP ABAP server. But here i also see a certificate error in my browser (IE 7.0) saying "Untrusted Certificate". Is this the reason for my above issue?

I could not find any post in SDN giving me the answer.

Regards,

Hobin

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

hobin
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi ,

ADS is already configured with SSL. you can find it in the Previous reply. Well we have got the reply from SAP saying that "Adobe Reader don't support client certificate and that would be the reason for connection problem". There is only one round about with which we can enable https based communication from Adobe reader. It is by setting the profile parameter icm/server_port_2. If you specify 'vclict=1 or 2', Reader can't communicate with ABAP SSL server. (If you don't specify this parameter, default value vclient=1 is used).The only workaround is to set this parameter vclient=0.

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw70ehp1/helpdata/en/48/3ae05299c172d0e10000000a42189c/frameset.htm

Best Regards,

Hobin Thomas.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Hobin,

Self Sign certificates needs to be imported in the trusted certificates section of your IE browser manually otherwise it will show the error "untrusted certificate"

Since the certificate is not signed by any competent authority the above needs to be done to remove the untrusted certificate msg.

Regarding using HTTPS,I would like you to contact your BASIS person and check the Adobe setting in Visual Admin(VA)

I think you need to define FQDN(Fully qualified domain name) in the service in VA and also in instance profile of the concerned WAS.

Hoping this helps you.

hobin
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi,

The Certificates are already imported into the Trusted Certificates Section. But the real Issue is regading the Adobe Offline forms. If I open the Adobe Offline forms in the Adobe reader 9.0 and the Web Service call is made based on the Https:// . It saying "Error attempting to Read the file". The Fully qualified domain name is also provided VA. I have tried to import the certificates to Adobe Reader's - Trust Identities but still it is not working . If I switch the webservice authentication method to Http:// then it would work. ADS is already configured with SSL. And the HTTPS:// based WebService embedded in the Adobe Interactive Form is working ,if the form is Online in the Browser (integrated in the Webdynpro Abap UI element).

Is there any other way to Add SSL Certificates to Adobe Reader , so that Https:/ based webservice will work if the Form is opened in Adobe Reader 9.0.

Regards,

Hobs

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am not sure but I think ADS can either be configured with Https or Http in Visual Admin.So you can use only one protocol(Https or Http) for ADS. Again I am not sure on this.