cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

J2ee engine not starting after restore

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I took a backup of my source system and restored in the new target system (SAP NetWeaver 2004s BI )

my abap is working fine but java is not working.

if i try to open with jcmon pf=START_DVEBMGS00_pagebdq

Can't open shared memory administration (rc = 3)

Please help me sove this.

Thanks,

Hari

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Restoring DB only will not help in case of java instance.Java system depends upon file system as well.

Better to follow standard system copy procedure to achieve this.

Consider reading System copy guide for dual stacks , SDN docs on system copy and lot of threads with various issues during JAVA system copy.

Regards,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gagan,

Thanks for the info.

regards,

Hari

Former Member
0 Kudos

Harish,

You also can do manual changes which is a tedious process. We used to follow a different approach is that before we do a refresh we take an export of the configtool and import it post refresh. But in your case if you cannot do that that you have to do the changes manually in configtool replacing all the source system host names,SID , system numbers and instance numbers in configtool.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Venkatesh,

thanks for the info.

In my case i have diffrent hostname and SID in Source and target system.

So my abap is completly restored but the java failed.

So how can i continue with this situation.

Thanks,

Hari

Former Member
0 Kudos

Invoke your configtool and click on the search option.,Search for the instance name and change in all those locations where it points to the source system. repeat the same for the SID and system number whichever are different.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Under service.sap.com/instguides there is a system copy guide which you need to follow. Select your release and you will get the guide for abap+java.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Venkatesh,

In configtool i have changed the SID hostname instance no. and java id.

Is this sufficent.

Plz advice.

Thanks,

Hari

ashish_mishra2
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Harish,

Always make changes in secure store first and then changes should be made in other locations. Otherwise settings may affect your source system java instance's configtool.

Adapt Secure Store properties

2.1 Start config tool from directory ../j2ee/configtool

2.2 If you have changed the hostname of the database an error dialog box will appear telling you that the connection to the database cannot be established. If this is the case choose OK, this will start configtool.

2.3. In the tree on the left handside choose secure store and change admin/host/<SID> to the corresponding new value. If you have changed the hostname of the database as well, correct also the jdbc/pool/<SID>/Url value. Apply the changes by choosing Apply from the File menu.

Adapt node host settings

Again in Config tool choose File->Connect if you haven't been connected to the database up to now and perform the following changes to Global properties and Local properties (if available):

3.1 In the tree on the lefthand side go to Instance_IDXXXX -> Dispatcher_IDXXX -> managers -> Cluster Manager. Change ms.host property so that it points to the new hostname. Perform the same for the server node.

3.2 Go to instance -> dispatcher -> Locking manager and change enqu.host to point to the new hostname. If you have changed the profile names modify also the enq.profile.filename accordingly. Perform the same steps for the server node.

3.3. Choose Instance_IDXXX on the tree on the left side and change Message server host parameter to the new value.

3.4 Apply all the changes by choosing File -> Apply

Adapt SDM Properties

4.1 Go to sdm/program directory and edit localsdmgui.properties so that the workingHost property reflects the new value.

4.2. In ../SDM/program/config/sdmrepository.sdc change the Host and mshost tags to reflect the appropriate values. Perform this operation very carefully, so as not to change the format of the file or leave any extra characters.

Change the instance.properties under /usr/sap/<SID>/DVEBMGS<>/j2ee/cluster

change hostname from source to target.

Apply the SAP License as the UME doesnu2019t authenticate unless the SAPLICENSE is implemented.

After making these changes, if still java does not come up, please check the trace files.

Cheers !!!

Ashish

Former Member
0 Kudos

Harish,

also delete the instance.properties.vmprop , and try restarting the server. then if it fails check this file which recreated during bootstrap and see if there are any references to source system.

Answers (0)