cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how can java program read IDoc file from SAP?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Now we are developing a peripheral system in java,which integrated with SAP by idoc.

SAP creates IDoc files into a server folder,our peripheral system read Idoc files from the appointed fold,the question is we don't know java how to read the data in the idoc file,I know the IDoc file is like txt file,java program can read it line by line just as read txt file,but the data in the IDoc file is organized in some format,whether there is some java Class Library can make it facility?

someone who with experience can help me?the better is post some demo codes,thanks for your reply.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I don't know what your non-sap system expects but once you have the IDoc in a Java object you can request anything that the external system requires of it into any structure of your choice.

Cheers,

Kalle

Former Member
0 Kudos

what you said can be implemented by JCO?or other solutions?

-

I don't know what your non-sap system expects but once you have the IDoc in a Java object you can request anything that the external system requires of it into any structure of your choice.

Cheers,

Kalle

Former Member
0 Kudos

Use JCO's IDOC classes. They exist for the purpose of reading, modifying, posting, etc. IDOCS from Java.

The tricky part is to understand the IDOCS, but if you are only passing them through from one system to another you probably don't need to understand them very well.

Cheers,

Kalle

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI,Kalle

I'm just testing JCO classes.

I want to pass IDocs from SAP to a non-SAP system(outbound),so my non-SAP system have to parse the IDOC file,then submit the data into database.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Somebody help me!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I guess that doesn't help much, but since noone else seems to know anything more useful,I will post it anyway:

In a project some years ago we have set up a Business Connector which transforms Idocs to xml-files. These files are handled in different java applications.

Those xml-files can be easily transformed to Java objects.

Best regards, Astrid

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,Astrid

XML file inbound to IDoc database is about 10 times slower,I'm afraid of the same performance to outbound XML file from IDoc database...