Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Document Info Record

former_member700523
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

In CV03N following error while downloading PDF file is observed.

File

C:\ DOCUME1 \ XXXXX \ LOCALS1 \ TEMP \ xyz.pdf

cannot be created.

XXXXX is username & xyz.pdf is filename.

But this happens only sometimes. If a shutdown of machine/computer is made & then started it again then i am able to download it. (same document)

It is not the case where i am not able to download it at all.

PLease help me solve this.

Regards,

MHP

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

try clearing temp directory on the local system

C:\DOCUME1\XXXXX\LOCALS1\Temp

when you view files, they are downloaded on your local temp directory, if this is full, this error is displayed.

former_member700523
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Surjit Sing,

Thanks for the reply. Points are allocated for the reply.

I have following queries on this.

1) When I am making a restart of my machine, then i am able to download it. Does it mean that during rebooting the system clears the temp directory on local folder.

2) How one can know the temp directory on local folder is full?

3) How to clear the temp directory on local folder ?

Please reply at the earliest as I need this badly.

Regards,

MHP

former_member700523
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Anybody having answer to this.

Regards,

MHP

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I'm facing similar symptoms, any hint how to get this issue fixed.

Rgds,

Sheikh

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Manish,

Kindly check following points:

1. The file is checked-in properly into content server. It should be in locked condition.

2. The content server is installed. if you are using SAP database to store these files then ECL viewer 6.0 with patch is installed.

Regards,

Ravindra

former_member700523
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Ravindra,

Thanks for the reply & points allocated for it.

The file is not checked in properly into content server means what? And how to do it & ensure it?

Can you please reply on this with your expert comments?

Regards,

MHP

christoph_hopf
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Dear MHP,

you can check the existence of the file on the content server easily by using report DMS_KPRO_READ in transaction SE38. If the file is checkin than a small green download icon should be visible. Please try to download the file to your PC and if this

works without error mesage then the file is stored correctly on your content server.

Another indicator for the original status is the lock icon which is visible in transaction CV02N or CV03N. If a closed lock icon is displayed next to the original file then this means to be checked in currently. If the lock icon is open then the file is checked out at the moment.

Please see also the following link to get more information how this kind of error message could be analysed: http://wiki.sdn.sap.com/wiki/display/PLM/26172-Reasonforthiserror

Best regards,

Christoph