cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DB12 didn't show backups from the mirror server.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All,

I have 2 systems. A production system and a mirror of the production. I did an offline backup at the mirror system and then copy the /oracle/<SID>/sapbackup to the production system. The backups when fine but it didn't show at DB12 at production system? Am I missing something here?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Another approach to consider:

brbackup with type offline_standby.

If properly configured, brbackup will write to tables SDBAH/SDBAD in primary site.

Former Member
0 Kudos

So, you are mirroring (Business copy) your storage to perform offline backups without a minute downtime of original PRO.

Good Idea, We also implemented for one of the PRO server earlier.

But for backup validation only the best way I suggest you is - Just take an offline backup of mirror system and restore it in one of your test system so that you can assume that you have a good backup.

Regards,

Nick Loy

Former Member
0 Kudos

As asked, it would be nice to know what you are doing. How is the system mirrored?

Am I missing something here?

Yes, brbackup writes the backup history into the database (tables SDBAH/SDBAD). If you used the offline_split option, then a valid solutiion is to mount the sapbackup directory on the mirror server.

Cheers Michael

Former Member
0 Kudos

My intention is to do the offline backup at the mirror system so that my production can be online all the time. The backup is fine but it didn't show at CCMS like DB12 and DB02.

Former Member
0 Kudos

What exactly you doin?

Why you have copied only sapbackup FS to original PRO? It is just like you are playing with original PRO.

Regards,

Nick Loy