cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

spool is not gettng generated when the form is triggered.

arafat_shaik
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi,

we have a requirement like, when the user gives the document number an executes it in transaction f.62 an email should be sent to the address maintained in the customer master table and a spool request should be generated. sending mail functionality is happening properly but spool is not getting generated .... what should be done for this.

Any help in this regard is very helpful.

thank you.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

david_liu1
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hello,

You can check the Output options if the option 'Delete after print' was activated.

Regards,

David

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

arafat_shaik
Explorer
0 Kudos

This issue has been resolved. It was because of the function module.

Thanks for all the replies.

antony_paul2
Active Participant
0 Kudos

If 'X' was set in the parameter TDGETOTF in the transfer structure OPTIONS when the function module OPEN_FORM was called, the formatted output is returned in OTF format via the optional table parameter OTFDATA.

In this case spool or printer output, screen display, or fax/telex/teletex output is not carried out.

So to get the spool & OTF you need to call the form twice ... .

arafat_shaik
Explorer
0 Kudos

So Does that mean I have to call the form twice ?

One time passing the TDGETOTF = 'X' to get the mail triggered

And another time passing TDGETOTF = ' ' to get the spool generated.

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi

First generate the Print copy i.e SPool and then convert to PDF (CONVERT_OTF) and send as Email...

so no need to call it twice... or else u can call Twice once for Spool and another for EMAIL

surya

arafat_shaik
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am facing a different issue now.....

when i give the parameter TDGETOTF as 'X' the spool is getting generated but the output which will be sent as e-mail(in PDF format) is not getting opened.Showing a error called file is corrupted .....

Please help in this regard.

Thank you....

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi

Check your code whether u have the code for Printing and generating the spool (if not write the code )

u might be simply converting into OTF and send as email and not generate the spool...

surya...