Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

com.sap.aii.af.ra.ms.api.RecoverableException:java.net.UnknownHostException

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Good Morning,

My last problem is resolved for your reference find the below thread

Recently we are done our XI server upgradation from windows to Linux server. we have only one central SLD for all XI Dev,Qua and production. Our XI server hostname is changed.

Right now we have some issues still *****************************************************

1) No message is not processed in XI.

2) It fails in communication channel level,

error description is :Transmitting the message to endpoint http://hostname:8000/sap/xi/engine?type=entry using connection File_http://sap.com/xi/XI/System failed, due to: com.sap.aii.af.ra.ms.api.RecoverableException: java.net.UnknownHostException: hostname."

3) If any scenario not having any sender adapter and the message successfully comes XI integration engine, but while moving to target side it contacted to adapter then it fails.

4) My all scenarios are not reached to XI. The problem in Adapter engine,

My question is where i should change the hostname? Kindly please suggest me.

Thank you.

Sateesh

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

In the SLD, the Business system of PI should have the correct hostname in the url. You can try to put the ip also.

In sxmb_adm, intergation server should point to the correct url.

So a Java restart after that.

also check if all exchange profile parameters that end with *.name should have FQDN.

Regards

Monika

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Thank you for your greate valuble inputs,

I resolved my issue based upon monika reply.

I just checked business system of PI in SLD, In the URL the hostname is wrong I just changed and restart the Java engine. after that my problem is resolved.

Thank you very much your greate effort.

Sateesh

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member200962
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Ask the Admin/ BAsis team to check the Exchange profile parameters of your XI/ PI system....check if the host name is the FQDN of your new server.

Regards,

Abhishek.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Abhishek,

Thank you for your point,

Can you please tell me what is FQDN? Then i will ask them to check

Thanks

Sateesh

former_member200962
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

FQDN is fully Qualified Domain Name ...example if your hostname looks like CompanyName....then FQDN would probably be something CompanyName.ABC.com

Also ask the team to confirm on the network settings (port, firewall and other related activities)

Many references on this can be found on SDN.

Regards,

Abhishek.

Edited by: abhishek salvi on Nov 26, 2010 11:05 AM