cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HTTP Provider Alerts in PI CCMS

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am not too sure if I am posting this in the right forum... just tell me if I am wrong. It's more of a monitoring question than a PI question.

In our PI system, I'm looking into using the CCMS HTTP Returned Responses Codes Monitor (you can find it in RZ20 --> SAP J2EE Monitor Templates --> Engine Services --> HTTP Provider --> Returned Responses Codes).

What we want to achieve is this. We want to receive an email each time a specific HTTP error code is received by the HTTP Provider (for example, if a end-user gets a HTTP 500 error, our BASIS team wants to get an email about it).

The problem is I don't understand how to configure the monitor to achieve this and the default threshold values associated with it.

First question: the returned response of each monitor seems to be the total number of times I have receive a HTTP error response count since the instance was started. For example, in our instance for the HTTP 500 error, the number shown in CCMS is 11. How can I configure the properties of the monitor to get an email each time the value is increased (from 11 to 12, from 12 to 13, etc.) ?

Second question: the default yellow to red threshold value is " 1- " . I looked in the documentation and did not find anything about it. What does it means? Is this the value to disable the monitor by default?

Thank you,

Jonathan

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

RKothari
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please check sap Note 824039 - XI30 Runtime Workbench: Displaying XI alerts in CCMS.

-Rahul

Former Member
0 Kudos

I'm not sure I understand your answer. I have to set up HTTP Provider alerts in Runtime Workbench instead of using the ones that comes in RZ20? How come?

Former Member
0 Kudos

I'll try to simplify my question. What is the best way to trap HTTP 400 or 500 errors from the HTTP Provider? What are the steps to achieve this?

RKothari
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please check the below link:

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/f9/df1241c738f423e10000000a155106/content.htm

It provide details about configuring CCMS agents for Java, ABAP instance, but not sure about HTTP provider.

I will keep looking if I can get anything on it.

-Rahul

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Just to let everyone know I opened an OSS message and SAP answered that my request could not be done in RZ20 at all.

Instead, I will script something to read the errors from the icmhttp.log .

Thanks,

Jonathan