Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Document Number assignment

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gurus

Can you suggest on the below requirement

I have created two characteristics (eg: department and division)

Then defined the dependency for division based on department value and it works

In CV01N, now i can select the values for department and division.

Our requirement is to generate the new document number based on the department and division values (selected in the Additional Data Tab) along with system generated number.

For example: DEP1-DIV1-10000001

Here DEP-1 is department value, DIV1 is division value & 10000001 is the system generated number.

Thanks in advance....

Regards

Raja. R

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Guru's

Am a newbee in this mySAP PLM area and have a question quite similar to this.

I have a small scenario. Company "SM" aquired companies A,B,C & D. All companies were following thier own ways of generating new part numbers.Now the task is implement SAP in all these companies and standardise the procedure of generating the part numbers AS PER THE GROUPS.

Meaning, files belonging to one particular group should start with particulat number. like,

Assemblies -

S10XXXXX

Parts----

S20XXXXX

Piping assemblies-------S70XXXXX

Harness Assemblies----S80XXXXX

Library Parts----

S90XXXXX

Lables etc----

S91XXXXX etc.

The same should be followed in all the companies like SM, A,B,C & D.

How to configure this type of numbering system ? As per the above discussions, Can I understand mised numbering needs to be used ? Once done in SM, how normally it will be rolled out in other plants ?

Please suggest.

This may be a very basic question in DMS, but a clear answer for this will be really appriciated.

Thanks,

S.Achar.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Raja,

Kindly find below link for assignin mixed numbers:

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_erp60_sp/helpdata/en/c1/1c31a243c711d1893e0000e8323c4f/frameset.htm

Hope this will help.

Regards,

Ravindra

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Raja,

If you are exploring at achieving this requirement purely via internal/system generated numbering system,then its not feasible.

However,a option that could come close to meeting your needs would be using mixed numbering system.Herein,you input the external number(DEPT&DIV) as document number and after the DIR is saved,the internal number(system generated) is appended to the document number in the process giving you document number in the desired DEPT&DIVXXXX format.

Regards,

Pradeepkumar Haragoldavar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Pradeep

I suggested the mixed number option to the client, but they don't want to enter any external characters (Like DEP / DIV). Because if the users do any typo error then it will create unstructured document numbers.

Can we go for z-develpment to achieve this requirement. Or can we modify the program --> MCDOKZNR.

Please suggest your comments on this requirement.

Regards

Raja

Former Member
0 Kudos

In that case,what i would suggest is, you can try maintaining a 'Z' table, which can be based on combination of Department & Division values(from additional data),Internal number range and Doc type and see if it works.

Please note that, in this case,the number range then has to be Internal(so that no Document number needs to be entered during DIR creation) and that the document number must be generated on Saving the DIR with Department & Divsion compulsorily filled in.Further,my earlier suggestion of opting for Mixed number range also doesn't hold good.

Do discuss this further with your ABAPer and let know if this approach works.

Regards,

Pradeepkumar Haragoldavar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks...