cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Switch language locale by a link

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

We have a requirement to allow a portal user to switch the langauge by clicking on a link for either French or English.

Everything works fine today if you select the desired language in your browser profile and the proper content is displayed,

but we would like to have that option for them to switch the language either on logon page or within an applicatin.

Does anyone know if it is possible to select the language on the portal:

- Either on the login page by a link (is there something available in config tool)

- Programmatically in webdynpro u2013 where the user would be able to select English or French via a link or button

- Any way to allow user to set the language on personalization somewhere on a page/iview?

Thanks for your help.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Alex,

I have such requirement of displaying languages as link to make portal appear in different language. Can you tell me how you did

nikhil_bose
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Alex,

I don't think it is possible dynamically change... not sure. But if Language is specified for Portal Users (UME) this will override browser or you don't have to change browser language.

Regards,

Nikhil Bose

Former Member
0 Kudos

yes, you can change User Attributes at runtime. I built this once (iView, htmlb, language select dropbox, UME setter). I dont have code at hand, but its really not a big deal.

I think browser language beats user language, though.

Former Member
0 Kudos

the use language is an attribute in user management. You can prgrammatically access the User properties via the UME and edit the default language.