Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DIR Authorization by Organizational Level

d_quintal
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi fellows!

I would like to know if it is possible restrict access of DIR by organizational levels?

Example: I need that if User A from plant 1234, creates a DIR type AAA number 0001, the User B from plant 4567 shouldn't have to access this DIR type AAA number 0001. I want that the users only can access the DIRs created by the plant which they have access.

In the master roles of DMS I didn't find any object to help me in this scenario. I dont want to use the ACL to restrict the access of the documents. I want that this restriction has to be done by authorizations rules as in other areas.

Can someone help me with some idea or case about this?

Best Regards!

Daniel

Edited by: D Quintal on Nov 25, 2010 5:43 PM

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

d_quintal
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Pradeepkumar Haragoldavar,

I will try to use your suggestion, it's more efficient than I've been thinking.

Best Regards,

Daniel

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Daniel,

Its quite possible to achieve your requirement.

There is a field called 'Authorization group' in a DIR if you have observed.This enables you to restrict authorization at Document level in addition to authorizations at Document Type and Status level.Suggest you create Authorization Groups like Plant1234,Plant4567 and so on with the help of your ABAPer.Now assign the required users to these Authorization groups.

Once implemented,whenever a DIR is created and specific Authorization group is assigned, only those users part of this Authorization group will be able to process/access this DIR.Hope this addresses your requirement.

For details on implementing Authorization group in DMS,refer link,

http://wiki.sdn.sap.com/wiki/display/PLM/UsingAuthorizationGroupfieldin+DMS

Regards,

Pradeepkumar Haragoldavar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Daniel,

There is no object in roles for your requirement. Now, the solution is that you need to create and assign the roles to user. These roles should be as per your requirement i.e. organization levels and you can restrict user. This is the main purpose for creating roles.

Hope this will help.

Regards,

Ravindra