cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Automapping values in import manager for taxonomy values

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have an issue regarding a import manager automapping values for taxonomy values. To explain the problem in the simple way this is what happens:

Let's say I have a taxonomy named article group with 10 values. When I have the source file (an xml file based on the CLFMAS02 schema), When I want to import this into MDM I might only have one or two specific values in the source file. When I map these manually it all works fine. Next time I have a new source file with two different values (different from the first source file), this time import manager can not automap these values and I have to map them again. It works fine if I just hit automap within the import manager it self, but I would like to have the import manager figure that out for itself so I (or and end-user) do not have to do this every time.

The values are exactly the same in both source and desitnation, meaning that if I have X in the source file it is also X in the destination. It is not because I have different values that need manual mapping.

Of course I would like import manager to figure out the mapping on it own. I have tried the different settings within the configuration options and this does not help. Only thing that helps right now is to make a source file with all the different values and map them all at once then import manager can figure it out. But I believe it can not be correct that this should be the solution. What happens when new values are added into the taxonomy then the mapping have to be done as well for those new values.

Is there any way the import manager automatically automapping those values for the taxonomy values?

--

Henning

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Henning

i think - no

You should to create mapping for all source values variant for all destignation.

If in source you get new value(not existed in you previous map) - you should do mapping manually.

Regards

Kanstantsin Chernichenka