cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RAR 5.3 - Mitigating Control Mass Upload

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Everyone,

My client wants to perfrom a mass upload of Mitigating Controls, but I can't find the format of the tables that are needed.

I have tried creating a control manually, exporting it and then changing the file and uploading but it always throws an error.

I know that there is a SAP Note about this but it is Internal Only.

Can anyone help? I guess I am looking for standard upload file format or something of that nature.

regards

Simon

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

koehntopp
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Please check your import file for the correct date format (check in Notepad, not in Excel!). Excel sometimes changes the format of date fields automatically.

Frank.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Although there is no functionality of Mitigation Control mass upload, the export/import functionality provided for transporting mitigation from one GRC system to another may be used to mass upload. But it should be ensure that the master data like business units, management approvers, monitors, etc are predefined and thefile to be imported is a text file in the same format as exported.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Frank

as always you are the man who knows the answer!!

You were correct Excel 2007 had converted 2010-10-11 to 11/10/2010, during the importation process, even though I had told it to keep all fields as text.

Additionally, on almost every row of the export file after having made the changes in excel, it had added several "TAB" characters as well, so I had to go down every line of the upload file to remove the extra "TABS".

After that it worked perfectly.

Now I will attempt world domination, after all it must be easier than trying to configure Access Controls 5.3

Simon

Edited by: Simon Carty on Nov 26, 2010 10:05 AM

Edited by: Simon Carty on Nov 26, 2010 10:05 AM

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

well you will have to directly upload data in database...

do you have that access.

regards,

Surpreet

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Simon,

How many mitigation controls you have? Are you trying to upload from the RAR development system to Production system? With my experience, I recommend to create them manually in production if the # of mitigation controls are less so that you can ensure that the proper assignment is done.

Also, as mentioned some times there will be issues with date formats, which may require more time to fix it.

Regards,

Raghu