cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

4.6B IDES installation error

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Tired of reinstalling 4.6B IDES on win2k sp4 oracle 8.0.5.

the central instance installation runs fine. even the db_ides.r3s is fine when it comes to the point where i have to start the SAP system and continue the setup. the setup fails terribly when trying to start the job RSWBOINS_JOB with a message job could not be started. If i ignore that error by making changes in db_ides.r3s, and run the setup. it fails starting the job RSDD... and if the ignore that error. setup finishes 100% but when i login to frontend and try making any change it denies that with error 'central lock handler error, contact admin'.

i know you might have figured by now that iam new to SAP.

i have tried installing about 5 times but failing at the same exact error every single time. PLEASE help.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Shaik,

Don't know exact cause of error, but want to know if your server is on network and have a static IP address.

If it is not on a network,configure loopback adapter ang give a IP to it.

Put this IP in your host file below the entry

127.0.0.1 localhost

xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx <hostname/computer name>

put a blank line and save.

Regards,

Sabita

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sabita,

The server is standalone computer at my home. its connected to high speed internet. i disconnected the modem from the computer, changed the computer's ip address to 192.168.1.20 and updated the same in hosts file as - 192.168.1.20 SAPDEV00 SAPTRANSHOST (below the 127... line)

I dont get any RFC connection errors. it gives error at the step i described in the first post. please help.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Shaik,

Try to ping the system by ip address.

In Cmd put the command ping 192.168.1.20

If it replies than that part is ok.

Is your system name SAPDEV00 SAPTRANSHOST? It is too long and it contains a space also.

If it is the name than rename it and try reinstallation.

Have you installed oracle patch or not?

Let us give the log.

Regards,

Sabita

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Ali,

Try to upgrade your Kernel to the latest patch level.LEt me know

Thanks

Prince Jose

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you so much for the replies.

To sabita's question:

The ip address part is perfect, it replies to ping. the name correction you told me about, i dont understand that. cos what i learnt in training is - in the c:\winnt\system32\drivers\etc\hosts file first put the ipadress and a space and computer name and then a space and SAPTRANSHOST (this is used for sap transports.

the actual computer name is SAPDEV00.

-

Prince:

iam not sure how to update the kernel. however before installing the kernel i ran the DLL patch for windows provided in the 4.6B IDES.

Former Member
0 Kudos

i installed the oracle patch also. i will have to re-install SAP to get the log.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Just check this thread regarding kernel.

Regards

Subhash