cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HCM UseCase

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

i implemented the "HCM UseCase" from the Configuration Guide.

I got the HCM data into the VDS. But i don´t know how to get data from VDS into IS.

I already imported the HCM_Staging_Area into IC.

Can someone help me?

Best regards,

Philip

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

still have the problem.

I can´t see the employees in the WebUI.

When i look for the imported data in MXIV_ENTRIES i can see them.

The data which is visible has ATTRNAME = MSKEYVALUE; DISPLAY_NAME = #MX_MSKEYVALUE_DN; IS_ID = 1

The data which i cant see has ATTRNAME = MSKEYVALUE; DISPLAY_NAME = #MX_MSKEYVALUE_DISPLAYNAME; IS_ID = 3

Best regards,

Philip

Former Member
0 Kudos

Your UI only shows one Identity Store.

What you now need to do is to transfer the data for you Staging Area (IDS 3) to the main Identity Store (IDS 1).

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Christian,

i know that, but how? I read that the data from HCM_STAGING_AREA are written automatically into MASTER_IDS. Am i wrong?

Best regards,

Philip

Former Member
0 Kudos

There is a job that should do this.

If you link the entry types to it, it should run automatically.

Make sure your attributes are correct (the one delivering MSKEYVALUE)

paul_abrahamson_sap
Active Participant
0 Kudos

If you want to be able to browse your HCM Employee records in the HCM Staging IDS, you'll need another Java Stack to present another Web UI linked to IDS 3.

You'll only be able to see MX_PERSON records once they've been transferred to the SAP Master IDS.

See Section 3.4.2 in this document

SAP NetWeaver Identity Management Identity Management for SAP System Landscapes: Configuration Guide

Version 7.1 Rev 7 December 2010

[http://service.sap.com/~sapidb/011000358700001449662008E]

The Job Write HCM Employee To SAP Master is the point at which the HCM_EMPLOYEE in IDS 3 creates / updates a MX_PERSON entry in IDS 1.

Make sure the mapping of MSKEYVALUE is the FIRST LINE in the To IDS pass on the job

We followed the steps in this document and eventually got it all working. We're using the MSKEYVALUE assignment which uses the sap_calcID function which calls our custom_generateHRID function to invoke our own logic to derive the MSKEYVALUE from the employee's first name and last name and a unique number.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Paul,

i did whats described in the guide.

I also know that "Write HCM Employee To SAP Master" is the job that writes data from is 3 into is 1 (i set "Global constants" -> HR_STAGING_AREA_IDS_ID = 3; SAP_MASTER_IDS_ID = 1)

HCM_Staging_Area -> Entry types -> ID=MX_HCM_EMPLOYEE -> Add and Mod task "Write HCM Employee To SAP Master"

In the mapping of "WRITE HCM Employee To SAP Master" my first entry is "MSKEYVALUE --> $FUNCTION.sap_calcID(%P0000-PERNR%....)

When i try to start the job manually it does not run.

Any idea?

paul_abrahamson_sap
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Have you got a dispatcher assigned to the Job?

Are both the Task and the Job enabled?

Can you see any entries in the Job Log for the Job?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Job is assigned.

Task and job enabled.

System log:

Date                   Type     Dispatcher       JOB ID     Text
2010.12.14 14:58:52    Info                      1835       Setting ScheduledTime = NULL

Job log: nothing (Show all)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi again,

now i get the exported cause dispatcher is running correctly.

I have one more problem now.

When task "Write HCM Employee to SAP Master" runs i get this error:

Exception from Add operation:ToIDStore

(addEntry failed storing entry 'DPARKER'. IDStore returned error message: " Value not legal for this attribute:Attribute: MX_SALUTATION" when storing attribute 'MX_SALUTATION={VALIDFROM=2011-02-01!!VALIDTO=9999-12-31}Herr')

Exception from Mod operation:ToIDStore.modEntry failed updating entry 'DPARKER'. IDStore returned error message: "Entry does not exist" when fetching entry

What to do?

Br,

PHilip

Former Member
0 Kudos

Solved.

Reason for my error was the implementation of the "Reading Help Value" before loading the "HCM Employee Data"

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I get the same errors as you do: "NOT defined as multivalue" (MX_FS_CENTRALPERSON_ID) and "not a legal value:Herr" (MX_SALUTATION, MX_DATEFORMAT)

What do you mean by "Reading Help Value" before loading the "HCM Employee Data"?

Do you have to read the value help BEFORE reading anything else (as it would make sense) or was the cause to read the ValueHelp before anything else??

In [Note 1308250 - SAP NetWeaver Identity Management: Provisioning Framework|https://service.sap.com/sap/support/notes/1308250] it says there are known errors with ValueHelp which should be fixed in 7.1SP2 - but I use SP5.x (newest each) and have problems, first with MX_DATEFORMAT, now with MX_SALUTATION.

If I look in table mxiAttrValueHelp I can see MX_DATEFORMAT & MX_SALUTATION are filled with the correct Key & Language-code. Since it's only a demo-system and there are not many modifications yet I'm thinking about recreating the DB with the newest DB-Script rom SP5.3 as a last step.

Regards

Michael

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Michael,

the error with the "Multivalue" message was selfmade. i extracted the same hcm data two or three times at different dates. so i got in vds data looking like that: [date date]value value[date date]value value. solution was cleaning up the hcm_staging_area and extract data with rpldap_extract_idm again.

In my case i made the settings for help value like described in the configuration guide, but loaded the hcm data after this. loading was not the problem in fact, the problem are the settings in the mx_salutation (maybe in mx_dateformat too). undo them and try to load again

But dont forget to clean the staging area before, else you will get the multivalue error if you loaded hcm data a day before.

Br,

Philip

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Philip,

You need to configure VDS to connect to your identity store. Once this done, VDS will automatically store any data received on the configured port in that identity store.

Please feel free to ask me for more details

Lahcen

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Lahcen,

thanks for answering. I read about that fact already. And i think i got the data already in IS.

But i can´t find the HCM personal data in "Manage" tab. I just see the data from the HCM initial loading. Got the users and privileges.

Further question:

I implemented the "Inactivate Identity" task. Can i reactivate an account? And whats the difference between Disable and Inactivate Identity?

Best regards,

Philip

Edited by: Philip Schmidberger on Nov 30, 2010 3:37 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Philip,

if the VDS has accepted the HR data, the information has to be in the identity store. It is stored in a separate Identity Store (the HCM staging area) and not in the Enterprise People Identity Store. Per default, you can can only see information in the Enterprise People store on the manage tab.

You can check what has been received by executing

SELECT * FROM mxiv_sentries WHERE is_id=<HCM Staging ID>

Best regards

Holger

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Holger,

thanks for answer.

I thought the job "Write HCM Employee To SAP MASTER" writes the received data from VDS into IS Enterprise People directly? Am i wrong?

I just got about 21000 entries in this view (select count (*) from ...). So i think i got the data?

Best regards,

Philip

Edited by: Philip Schmidberger on Nov 30, 2010 4:25 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Philip,

indeed, this job should create entries in the Enterprise People store based on the information in the HCM Staging area. Is this job not executed on your system?

I do not have a system in front of me, but I think the job should be triggered by add and modify events on the HCM_EMPLOYEE entry type.

Best regards

Holger

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Holger,

i have both entries in entry type "MX_HCM_EMPLOYEE" on add and mod task "Write HCM Employee to SAP Master".

There are about 20000 entries so, i think i should see some more employees in "Manage-Tab".

Any ideas?

What about the reactivating of persons?

Best regards,

Philip