cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Configuration for WM which will post material doc immediately.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I have configured a WM & now it is creating inbound delivery as soon as material is posted in WM with HU strg location.

But I need to post material document first in the WM & I donnt need Inbound delivery creation. what i need to do so that system posts material document & than the Putaway process will be executed. But the baseline requirement is that the Inbound delivery should not be created.

My second question.. if it is achieved than how it will work for Outbound Delivery? Will it post Goods Issue first or will it create Transferr order first?

Can anyone please help me to knowwhat configuration I need to be do for getting above mentioned requirement.

Many Thanks

Regards

Hiren

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Basically what you intend to do is, perform the GR, that performs automatic Putaway process in to fixed bin/dynamic bin.

You are not interested to do inbound delivery. What you need to configure:

SPRO>LE>WM>Interfaces>Inventory management.

Here you have to define all the following configs.

Define Storage Location Control

Define Movement Types

Define Posting Changes

Generate Interim Storage Bins

Activate Automatic TO Creation

Allow Negative Stocks in Interim Storage Types

Goods Movement (IM) Not Allowed for Storage Types

If you finish the relevant config, your GR and Putaway will happen together as expected.

Hope it helps.

Regards,

csaba_szommer
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I have configured a WM & now it is creating inbound delivery as soon as material is posted in WM with HU strg location.

But I need to post material document first in the WM & I donnt need Inbound delivery creation. what i need to do so that system posts material document & than the Putaway process will be executed. But the baseline requirement is that the Inbound delivery should not be created.

Standard SAP solution is to receive goods in to HU managed storage location via inbound delivery.

If you don't like this, you have to develop your own solution.

My second question.. if it is achieved than how it will work for Outbound Delivery? Will it post Goods Issue first or will it create Transferr order first?

As mentioned, you cannot achive that (GR w/o inbound delivery to HU managed SLoc), so this question is irrelevant.

In standard SAP, in outbound process picking is done first (with reference to outbound delivery), GI comes after picking status of delivery is "C" (fully picked).

Edited by: Csaba Szommer on Nov 25, 2010 8:12 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Csaba Szommer for your quick reply.

But I have gone through Std SAP course SCM 630. Which tells there are two ways to work in LE in first delivery is created first followed by Putaway & Than Goods Receipt will be posted to IM Storage Location. & the second way is first a material document is created & the putaway process is executed later on. Hence on the basis I have raised my query.

csaba_szommer
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

...baseline requirement is that the Inbound delivery should not be created...

Your question was not about goods receipt / putway sequence, you asked whether inbound delivery is a must or not in relation to HU managed SLoc.

I answered for this question.

Edited by: Csaba Szommer on Nov 25, 2010 9:11 AM