cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cost Assignment Specification Mandatory in Travel Manager

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Though this query has been posted many time but I did not the answer.

I wanted to make Alternative Cost assignment as mandatory field under General Trip Data in Travel Manager. The cost center can be defaulted by defining in info type 0001, but some times the cost need also to be assigned to Order. Hence the field need to be entered while entering the Expense Receipts.

I have tried to make the field as mandatory in Trip Schema, but the field is disabled, can anyone please suggest me how to enable and activate the fields.

Thanks&Regards

Srinivas

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please see the sap note 312102 on how to configure this cost assignment fields properly.

Regards,

Raynard

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Reynard,

Thanks for your reply. My issue is like when I am entering the expense receipts in Trip, I want to make the Cost Assignment fields as mandatory for the user under General Trip Data.

For this I have checked the SAP not that you have suggested and the attributes are same, but when I go to Trip Schema(FITVELD) under the cost assignment when I select Alternative Display Type, I am able to select the check box of Field Ready for Input, but I am not able to select the Entry in Field is Required. To my knowledge by selecting this check box, we can able to make the Cost assignment as required entry in TRIP transaction.

Do you have any idea whether by using HR Feature can we able to do this as suggested by the previous query. Can you please suggest.

Thanks&Regards

Srinivas

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

The cost assignment fields cannot be control directly in FITVFELD. However if you want to do this in FITVFELD you need to manually enter the mandatory field via SE16 for table T706Z1 and define this field as mandatory for TRIP.

Regards,

Raynard

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Raynard,

I could not find that field in the table. Is it the same field PSREF_FIELD-TRIP. what is the other method that I can control the field entry in the TRIP.

Thanks&Regards

Srinivas

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Yes, you have to put the field PSREF_FIELD-TRIP first in the Alternative Display Type and then change this in SE16. Please take note that this is only in mandatory for the first screen but if you want to use the "alternative cost assignment" you need to follow the note 312102 and make single field mandatory.

There is no other alternative for this moment.

Regards,

Raynard

Former Member
0 Kudos

Btw, you can of course use the user exits FITR0003 and FITR0005 as alternative before saving the trip data.

Regards,

Raynard

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Srinivas,

Please check the IMG -> Financial Accounting -> Travel Management -> Travel Expense->Dialog and Expense Control -> Dialog Control ->Set Up Field Control for Account Assignment Object via TRVCO

Directly through transaction PE03 also can go to the particular feature.

In feature, based on your MOLGA (Country grouping) give a variable key. Use the same variable key while defining the assignment fields at below location.

IMG -> Financial Accounting -> Travel Management -> Travel Expense->Dialog and Expense Control -> Dialog Control ->Set up variable layout for account assignment objects -> Account assignm. objects: Entire trip cost assignm. spec.

Please go through the documentation once. If you have any query please let us know.

Thanks,

Vaibhav

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Srinivas,

Please go through below link.

Hope it helps you!

Thanks,

Vaibhav

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vibhav,

Thanks for your reply. There are not features right now. Can you help me in defining the features to achive this..

Thanks&Regards

Srinivas

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

Go to transaction code -fitvfeld

Select your trip provision varient, expand your trip schema, you will get a node subscreen for cost assignment specification under travel expense manager. check what you have select in display type of field. I felt right now it is in standared format.

Edited by: sandeep_1979 on Nov 25, 2010 6:07 PM