Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

sap installation error in phase24

former_member182505
Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Experts,

I am installing sap ecc6 on rhel5 with oracle database. i have fallowed the instaruction given in installation guide everything goes fine

my issue is in phase 24 (Start Instance). its giving the error.

CJS-30149 ABAP processes of instance DEV/DVEBMGS00 [ABAP: UNKNOWN] did not start after 10:00 minutes. Giving up.

FCO-00011 The step start with step key |NW_Onehost|ind|ind|ind|ind|0|0|NW_Onehost_System|ind|ind|ind|ind|1|0|NW_CI_Instance|ind|ind|ind|ind|11|0|NW_CI_Instance_Start|ind|ind|ind|ind|1|0|start was executed with status ERROR .

i search the problem in sdn. i found that there is some problem in /etc/hosts (but i don't have idea about that)

my hostname is sapdev and ip of linux system is 192.168.81.130(defult ip from linux installation)

bellow is my /etc/hosts file

1. Do not remove the following line, or various programs*

2. that require network functionality will fail.*

127.0.0.1 sapdev localhost.localdomain localhost

::1 localhost6.localdomain6 localhost6

kindly help me to reslove the issue.

thanks/regards

sadiq

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have experienced the same problem while installing SAP SM 7 with EhP1 on SLES 10.

please check this :

- you have sufficient memory

- you have configured sufficient swap (minimum twice your memory)

- evaluate CPU utilization, remove unecessary process

and my problem was solved by stopping the installation, restarting the server , and continue installation from the point i quit.

also check this thread :

hope it help you.

rgds,

Alfonsus Guritno

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

>>my hostname is sapdev and ip of linux system is 192.168.81.130

Can you ping your host sapdev? also why the above entry is not in your hosts file?

former_member182505
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

thanks for all reply.

problem solved .

thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

the hostname should not be part of that localhost line. Edit the line so that it looks like this

127.0.0.1 localhost.localdomain localhost and try to the phase again. The system should

start.

Kind regards,