cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Procedure to use the COPY function in Realignment

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gurus,

Can anyone explain me the sequential procedure to use the COPY function in the Realignment...

Thanks

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Two major acticties in copy function in realignment are as below:

1. Maintenance of the Copy Table

2. Executing the Copy Run

If not already, Please go through the detailed information on SAP Help URL as below:

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_scm70/helpdata/en/e3/202775f4c94d5aba38ea7087fce8a8/frameset.htm

Regards

Datta

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Datta,

Thanks for the quick reply. i have read this document already. but could not find detailed info on the COPY function.

i want to use only the copy function in the realignment and can you pls describe me how to use the same..

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

The information given above is for COPY function within Realignment .

Activity 1: Maintain Copy Table

In transaction /SAPAPO/RLGCOPY - Data Realignment selection screen, we choose aplication u201CCopyu201D.

Then we enter data in the block u201CCopy Run: Propertiesu201D:

Plannign Area: Value of the PA in which you want to copy.

Then we create /change u201CCopy Tableu201D.

Next step is to Maintain u201CCopy Tableu201D . Herein we give copy step step details.

Activity 2: Executing the Copy Run

Either online or background. Background will be preferred,

Regards

Datta

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Datta,

Thanks. i carried out as you have described, in my situation iam trying to copy the forecast of a product at time periods 1,2,3,4 to another product ..although i created a copy step with in the table when i execute the copy function it say the copy step is not available..

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

In the Realignment start screen, you can set the flag u201CActivate Application Logu201D. This will help you to see and analyze the log.

Please check if you can see the copy step.

When you click u201CMaintain Entriesu201D , you will see the screen of u201COverview of Copy Tableu201D.

Therein you should see the steps you have maintained.

Check the Step Status . It should be u201CCope Step is ready to be performedu201D.

The validity date (fourth column) should be either todays date or earlier date.

Copy Validity Date:The validity date from which a copy step is taken into account during a copy run. Only copy steps whose validity date is before the date of the copy run job are taken into account.

Regards

Datta Kadam

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Datta,

i followed your procedure and executed the COPY function successfully...when i went to the /sapapo/sdp94 and the planning book i donot see the values in the specified time periods...where should i trouble shoot..could u pls help

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

If log is successful ( green ), without warnings or errors , then data should be there .

Please try copy table with full charcteristics ( effectively it means test for one CVC) as above.

Regards

Datta

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Datta,

Thanks, i observed the no of source product CVCs and the Target Product CVCs are different. i.e. for ex.in my case the source product has 65 cvcs and the target has 78 cvcs..could this be the problem..is it a must that to use the COPY function we need to have equal cvcs for source and target products..

when i used the copy function, the copy is successful , i could see the green light in the log..but in the interactive planning the copy didnot take place..

Former Member
0 Kudos

further to the above, i was reading the scm help and the

Prerequisites say,

In contrast to data realignment, all characteristic value combinations must exist before you execute the function.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thatu2019s correct, which implies for every CVC step is required.

We can upload a file for creation of steps.

Regards

Datta

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Datta,

Do you know any specific BADI which could be used only to copy the existing CVCs, i think this would solve my problem, iam using SCM5.0, If you know the BADI could you please tell me.

Best Regards,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Datta,

How can we create the steps from file..

Answers (0)