cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CPIC_MAX_CONV in sapenv_hostname.sh / csh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I've a problem with the conection bettween PORTAL and ECC (RFC). The System limit to 100 conections.

Searching in the SDN, i find the solution setting the CPIC_MAX_CONV on the UNIX Serv.

then i set the variable on the sapenv_hostname.sh / csh files, but i can't login with the sidadm user.

This is the system message:

foreach: Words not parenthesized.

I need your help!

Best Regards.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You need to change SAP profile parameter as well and then reboot the syste.

Read Note 316877 - Maximum number of conversation exceeded

for error you have you need to check on OS Level remove the chages you have done and set as

CPIC_MAX_CONV= <Value>

export CPIC_MAX_CONV

Regards,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gagan,

Previously, i seted the EV CPIC_MAX_CONV to 500 on the command line. But, when i restart the system, the value is lost.

Then, i seted the EV on the sapenv_hostname.sh/csh files. This, generates some conflict in the sidadm user.

The sap note, says that i should set the ev, but dont says where.

Thanks for your help.

Best Regards,

I attached the files contents

.sapenv_sappdv.csh

1. @(#) $Id: //bc/701-1_REL/src/ins/SAPINST/impl/tpls/ind/ind/SAPENV.CSH#1 $ SAP

2. SAP R/3 Environment - please do not edit

setenv SAPSYSTEMNAME PDV

setenv DIR_LIBRARY /usr/sap/PDV/SYS/exe/run

setenv CPIC_MAX_CONV 500

foreach d ( /usr/sap/PDV/SYS/exe/run $HOME . )

set i=0

foreach p ( $path )

if ( "$p" == "$d" ) then

set i=1

break

endif

end

.sapenv_sappdv.sh

1. @(#) $Id: //bc/701-1_REL/src/ins/SAPINST/impl/tpls/ind/ind/SAPENV.SH#1 $ SAP

2. SAP R/3 Environment - please do not edit

SAPSYSTEMNAME=PDV; export SAPSYSTEMNAME

DIR_LIBRARY=/usr/sap/PDV/SYS/exe/run; export DIR_LIBRARY

CPIC_MAX_CONV=500; export CPIC_MAX_CONVfor d in /usr/sap/PDV/SYS/exe/run $HOME .; do

i=0

for p in `echo $PATH | sed 's/:/ /g'`; do

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

Try to set in /etc/profile and then log-off and login once .

Regards,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Logon as <SID>adm take a copy of your existing file .login and add the parameter as below.

setenv CPIC_MAX_CONV 500

re-logon again and check using env | grep CPIC command, you will see that the parameter now active.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

When an user logs into the system, /etc/.profile will be executed first and then then `.profile` from the user home directory will be executed. Hence setting the EV in /etc/.profile impacts all the users in the system.

You need to look into the `.profile` file in the sidadm's home directory and find which script is being executed, `.sapenv_sappdv.sh` or `.sapenv_sappdv.csh`.

As I see from your posting, can you keep `CPIC_MAX_CONV=500; export CPIC_MAX_CONV` as a separate line before the for statement in `.sapenv_sappdv.sh` file? also remove '*'. I hope that gives you the expected results. Do this change and login again to check if it gets effected. you can user simple `env` or `echo $CPIC_MAX_CONV` to check.

Thanks & Regards,

N.Amarnath

Edited by: Amarnath Nayudu on Nov 26, 2010 3:18 AM