Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to set parameter for all users(old and new users too)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

Question 1.

In SU10 i can set a parameter for all existing users in the ECC 6.0 System.

Is possible add this parameter as default in any other new user created? and not required set this parameter manually each time user is created.

Question 2.

If I have a list of users in excel for example and I need paste these users in SU01 "user" files, i can only paste 19 users, and if I press enter and scroll down, then i can paste other 18 users and successively;

Is possible paste all user in clipboard in a shot??

Note: I know that i can press F4 and choose the desired users, but i need to know if is possible paste all user from clipboard?

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

Please don't "mix" questions in threads otherwise the answers and particularly discussions become confusing...

Question 1) I'll wait for someone to mention LSMW or eCATTs before I answer further, but an easiest workaround is to use a template user (not a reference user type, which it is often mistaken for).

Question 2) Click on the "Authorization Data" tab --> there you have select-options and the clipboard functionality is available again which is missing in the F4 search help.

Cheers,

Julius

6 REPLIES 6

Former Member
0 Kudos

Please don't "mix" questions in threads otherwise the answers and particularly discussions become confusing...

Question 1) I'll wait for someone to mention LSMW or eCATTs before I answer further, but an easiest workaround is to use a template user (not a reference user type, which it is often mistaken for).

Question 2) Click on the "Authorization Data" tab --> there you have select-options and the clipboard functionality is available again which is missing in the F4 search help.

Cheers,

Julius

0 Kudos

I take that in account for next time.

Question 2 is answered.

About question 1.

I'll wait for someone to mention LSMW or eCATTs before I answer further, but an easiest workaround is to use a template user (not a reference user type, which it is often mistaken for).

Ecatt must be a solution, I use ECATTS right Now, THen i must do a re-record, and including the value for the parameter needed.,

But I hope a solution that applies for every new user created, something as I could add a parameter in a table or something similar, do this method exist?

in the other hand where can I find information about template user(not about reference user)

0 Kudos

Question 1 context: That (eCATT) does not work for Su01 created users via SAPGui.

There is no documentation on "template users". You just create one with the parameters and click on "Copy" and train the users admins to do this. Bugger is that you might nee different template users for different processes or modules. However you could hide the "create" button using an SHDO screen for specific users (e.g. registration desk). I have used this before, but recommend it only for "template users" and not user requests for access the same as some other colleague... (long story... which always ends in wrong access sooner or later...)

Here, the tab "personalization" is more usefull as it can also be assigned to a role, or a user if need be. "User" takes preference. Only admins can change the personalization keys. Users can (generally) always change their PIDs so you should not use them for security control - only for setting preferences.

Not sure what your requirement is... but if it relates to your other question about not having to stare at a blank field... then try "personalization" in the coding (if you can influence it...).

The search term "personalization" will give you some usefull infos - but you have some reading to do...

Cheers,

Julius

Edited by: Julius Bussche on Nov 24, 2010 10:36 PM

0 Kudos

Hi

I'm learning a little more about user creation recently, creating a new user seems to have some pitfalls depending on the umr id.

Copy from user x to user y (template) seems to over-ride the message old sap office data found should they have previously been a sap user and have returned or requests a sap umr after inactive logon.

If there is a hr record and/or the ID was for a different person which has the same details this can cause confusion.

Are there any recommended processes? I think a unique umr serial number may help and never deleting a umr is possibly an option?

0 Kudos

I think a unique umr serial number may help and never deleting a umr is possibly an option?

There are many good reasons not to delete or rename user IDs in SAP.

Not renaming or deleting will also solve these problems when copying.

Cheers,

Julius

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

As per my knowledge, there is no SAP delivered tool/method to set User Parameters by automatically during creation of Users.Not sure if "Personalization" (User based) would help either since they are mostly user display/layout controls.

However, users may themselves set the PID using SAP tcode SU2 or SU3 (Called via System -> User Profile -> Own data in SAP) in case they are aware of the PID (Parameter ID) values

Even if you set the parameter to a default value say via (SU10/SU01) there is still a risk that users might change it via SU3 unless the tcode is locked. The table TPARA can be monitored for any discrepancy in User ID to PID assignments within the system.