cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

is it possible to create a new Universe that connects to this database?

Former Member
0 Kudos

I know that BO universes can be linked to Sybase, Access, Oracle databases, etc. but i don't know if it is possible to create a universe with a connection to a Firebird database .

Is it possible? In Universe Designer I try to create a new connection using the Connection Wizard, then I press Next and then it displays a list of databases nodes, but I can't find an option for Firebird. Which option should I select? Can I select Generic ODBC datasource?

Has someone else used Firebird for his/her universes?

Edited by: PadawanGirl on Nov 24, 2010 8:53 PM

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I would like to give you a workaround for your problem.

If you have BO Server installed on your machine then do the following

-> Go to 'Central Configuration Mangager(CCM)'

-> Right Click on 'Server Intelligence Agent(SIA)' and click 'STOP' then

-> Double click on 'Server Intelligence Agent(SIA)'

-> Go to 'Configuration' Tab

-> Click 'SPECIFY' on 'CMS System Database Configuration' button then

-> Select any one of the 3 options(depending on ur requirement) and connect to ur Database (Firebird) by giving the credentials of ur database.

-> After doing all the necessary things Restart the SIA by clicking the buttion START on CCM and now check if u r getting Firebird database while creating a new connection.

This is just a workaround. I hope this would b helpful to you. Please try this and see if its useful to you.

Thanks.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member59816
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

As far as i know direct data source connection to Firebird database is not available.

But if you have the Firebird drivers installed on the system then you can try with the ODBC connection.

-Noor.