cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

During export, get getUsageTypes status ERROR

Former Member
0 Kudos

Gurus:

During export an NW04s system at the roadmap define parameters, we get an error:

+CJS-30074 Execution of UTL tool '/opt/java1.4/bin/java -classpath /usr/sap/QAS/SYS/global/sltools/sharedlib/launcher.jar -showversion -Xmx256m -d64

com.sap.engine.offline.OfflineToolStart com.sap.sl.ut.manager.UtlMain /sapmnt/QAS/global/security/lib/tools:/usr/sap/QAS/SYS/global/sltools/sharedlib/sap.

com~sl.ut.infoprovider_lib.jar:/usr/sap/QAS/SYS/global/sltools/sharedlib/sap.com

~sl.ut.manager.offline.jar:/usr/sap/QAS/SYS/global/sltools/sharedlib/antlr.jar:/usr/sap/QAS/SYS/global/sltools/sharedlib/exception.jar:/usr/sap/QAS/SYS/global

/sltools/sharedlib/jddi.jar:/usr/sap/QAS/SYS/global/sltools/sharedlib/logging.jar:/usr/sap/QAS/SYS/global/sltools/sharedlib/offlineconfiguration.jar:/usr/sap/QAS/

SYS/global/sltools/sharedlib/opensqlsta.jar:/usr/sap/QAS/SYS/global/sltools/sharedlib/tc_sec_secstorefs.jar:/usr/sap/QAS/SYS/global/sltools/sharedlib/sap.com

tcsdtcvlimpl.jar:/usr/sap/QAS/SYS/global/sltools/sharedlib/SDMutil.jar:/usr/sap/QAS/SYS/global/sltools/sharedlib/SLUtil.jar:/oracle/client/10x_64/instantclient/ojdbc14.jar

-export -type=keydb -expfile=/home/QASadm/sapinst_instdir/usages_data.xml -log=UTL_load_usages.log -sid=QAS -dsn=jdbc/pool/QAS -ssprops=/usr/sap/QAS/SYS

/global/security/data/SecStore.properties -ssk=/usr/sap/QAS/SYS/global/security/data/SecStore.key' aborts with return code 1.<br>Check 'UTL_load_usages.log' and

'/home/QASadm/sapinst_instdir/UTL.java.log' for more information.+

FCO-00011 The step getUsageTypes with step key |NW_Export|ind|ind|ind|ind|0|0|NW_Java_Export_Dialog|ind|ind|ind|ind|5|0|getUsageTypes was executed with status ERROR

From SDN we see some postings about this error but we have tried each of them without having it fixed.

The install master is NW04s SR2.

The export is done on a dedicated DB server while the CI is on a different server. So which folder is the usage type info stored?

Please share your experience. Thanks!

Regards.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

If you have distributed environment you have to choose same in installer as source system i.e.

System Copy-->Data Base > Distributed system>Database Instance export ..Once this is done carry on with

System Copy-->Data Base > Distributed system>Central Instance Export

Regards,

Former Member
0 Kudos

After above was fixed, the sapinst reports that DB export was done successfully.

However, no dump file generated in the folder where only the structures are created as follows:

$ ls -alR|more

total 10

drwxrwxrwx 4 qasadm sapsys 96 Nov 24 19:18 .

drwxrwxrwx 21 qasadm sapsys 3072 Nov 24 19:57 ..

-rwxrwxrwx 1 qasadm sapsys 1014 Nov 20 20:19 .nfsF8CC

drwxrwxr-x 2 nobody tftp 96 Nov 24 19:18 ABAP

drwxrwxr-x 2 nobody tftp 96 Nov 24 19:18 JAVA

-rw-rw-r-- 1 nobody tftp 10 Nov 24 19:18 LABELIDX.ASC

./ABAP:

total 0

drwxrwxr-x 2 nobody tftp 96 Nov 24 19:18 .

drwxrwxrwx 4 qasadm sapsys 96 Nov 24 19:18 ..

./JAVA:

total 6

drwxrwxr-x 2 nobody tftp 96 Nov 24 19:18 .

drwxrwxrwx 4 qasadm sapsys 96 Nov 24 19:18 ..

-rw-rw-r-- 1 nobody tftp 19 Nov 24 19:18 LABEL.ASC

-rw-r----- 1 nobody tftp 14 Nov 24 19:18 LABELIDX.ASC

-rw-r----- 1 nobody tftp 174 Nov 24 19:18 SOURCE.PROPERTIES

No any error in the logs.

Do you know what is wrong?

Thanks!

Former Member
0 Kudos

paste here the UTL_load_usages.log.

Regards

William Neira

former_member185031
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Did you perform both Steps during Export ?

1. Export Preparation

2. Database Export

Regards,

Subhash

Former Member
0 Kudos

I did not do the export prepare because it is optional. Is that important?

If I use this DB exported dump to restore, what will happen? Anything missing?

I will look for the requested log and post.

Thanks!

Former Member
0 Kudos

export preparation is not mandatory. However, when you did the export did you check the logs if it recognised the system as dual stack. If not simple method is to invoke the sapinst and keep viewing the unix promt window and see if it finds it as dual stack.

Former Member
0 Kudos

do you use virtual host names? If the export files are not getting generated then looks like you have to start your sapinst using option sapinst_use_hostname

Former Member
0 Kudos

1) here is the entire log file:

more UTL_load_usages.log

<!LOGHEADER[START]/>

<!HELP[Manual modification of the header may cause parsing problem!]/>

<!LOGGINGVERSION[1.5.3.7185 - 630]/>

<!NAME[UTL_load_usages.log]/>

<!PATTERN[UTL_load_usages.log]/>

<!FORMATTER[com.sap.tc.logging.TraceFormatter(%24d %7s: %m)]/>

<!ENCODING[UTF8]/>

<!LOGHEADER[END]/>

Nov 24, 2010 7:18:21 PM Info : Successfully parsed!

Nov 24, 2010 7:18:21 PM Info : Executing command Export...

Nov 24, 2010 7:18:21 PM Info : Establishing DB connection...

Nov 24, 2010 7:18:23 PM Info : Connecting succeeded!

Nov 24, 2010 7:18:23 PM Info : Constructing System Info from the database ...

Nov 24, 2010 7:18:24 PM Info : System Info is constructed!

Nov 24, 2010 7:18:24 PM Info : Exporting the System Info to the key db - /home/qasadm/sapinst_instdir/usages_data.xml ...

Nov 24, 2010 7:18:24 PM Debug : tables and tableset is added to the document

Nov 24, 2010 7:18:24 PM Debug : BC_SL_PRODUCTS table and its columns are added to the document

Nov 24, 2010 7:18:24 PM Debug : BC_SL_PARTS table and its columns are added to the document

Nov 24, 2010 7:18:24 PM Debug : BC_SL_COMPONENTS table and its columns are added to the document

Nov 24, 2010 7:18:24 PM Debug : BC_SL_PART_DEPENDS table and its columns are added to the document

Nov 24, 2010 7:18:24 PM Info : Successfully exported to the key db -/home/qasadm/sapinst_instdir/usages_data.xml !

Nov 24, 2010 7:18:24 PM Info : Successfully executed. The cmd call return TRUE. Return code: 0

2) There is no virtual host because there is NO application server, i.e. only the CI. The seperated DB has NO sap installed, i.e. it is a pure oracle DB system.

3) If I ftp the exported folder to the target to do an sapinst import, can I create a minimum SAP instance?

Thanks!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Could some experts help with this?

Thanks!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Application server not required to user SAPINST parameter option sapinst_use_hostname.

We do not have DB and CI on separate server but I have tried the same on our clustered servers with the physical and virtual host options and both worked.

can you please get one go with sapinst sapinst_use_hostname=<ci_host>

Answers (0)