Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

migrate an MDM system from Oracle to DB2

former_member189725
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi ,

We are planning to migrate a MDM 5.5 system from oracle to DB2 LUW 9.7 .

How to do this ? can anyone share some docs ? How to migrate the MDM respository ?

Regards

Ratnajit

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Ratnajit,

I believe in addition to arching /unarchiving of MDM repositories , you may also have to look to migrate the current database content. The database may contain structures which will be needed for the repositories to work in conjunction.

Thanks,

Surajit Das

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ratnajit,

You can take Archive of all MDM repositories (.a2a extn) and once you have migrated to DB2 database you can then Unarchive these MDM Repositories on DB2 database using MDM Console. As per my understanding you need to take care if repositories are multi-lingual as DB2 supports limited languages only (not exactly sure something near to 17).

Regards,

Mandeep Saini

former_member189725
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

does that mean , the data contained in the archive is the data from the oracle database ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Ratnajit Dey

Yes.

When you create repository archive that archive contain all data(i mean records) and repository structure, workflows, assignment, users, roles, documents ets.

You can use archive for migrate your repository from one RDBMS to another one without problem

For example:

in our projects we had one SAP MDM Server and three RDBMS (Oracle, MS SQL, DB2) for working with different RDBMS just change RDBMS connection in SAP MDM Console.

and we migrate repository from one RDBMS to another through archive.

Regards

Kanstantsin Chernichenka

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI,

Archieve the repository which is on Oracle and unarchieve it in new database.

Regards,

Rajeev