cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Web Dynpro & Adobe Forms: Context Mapping

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

By assigning a form to a view via templateSource the option to automatically generate context. With sample data, implemented in the view its working fine.

Now I want to use data out of the component controllers' context, but I can't map the views context nodes to the component controller nodes without deleting the context structure out of the form.

In other words; how can I connect the automatically generated context from the form with the context of the component controller?

How can I solve this issue?

An option is to read out the component controllers context into itabs and save them in the views context.......

not very nice, but my only idea right now.

Does anyone has an idea?

Thanks in advance,

Tan

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

ashish_shah
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Tan,

You might want to try this option:

Idea is to create the same Node structure in Component controller using the Node copy option and then map the View and Component controller contexts.

1. Go to your component controller context and using Wizard Create the nodes , choose this option : Create Using Wizard --> Copy Nodes of Different Context

2. In the pop up Select your component name and the View name which has the Adobe form in it.

3. Keep all the other default options , Selected Nodes --> Copy and Subnodes and Attributes of Selected Node --> Copy all.

4. This will generate the Node structure similar to your view nodes.

5. then just map view controller context to Component controller.

Hope it solves your problem.

Regards,

Ashish Shah

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you for the approach. Is there a way to do it out of the other direction? Can I use the context in my adobe view and copy the comp.controller nodes to the views' context? I would unwillingly change the whole context structure to adapt it to the form.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi again,

I've found this [documentation|http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/63a47dd9-0b01-0010-3d8e-de27242bf011?quicklink=index&overridelayout=true], chapter "Integrating a PDF in a Web Dynpro Application" (Page 192-193) and followed the print scenario.

My intention is not to create an interactive form. I just want to display a generated pdf which is provided with data out of web dynpro context.

That's what I did:

In my views' layout tab in properties list I've entered a (not existing) form name (as templateSource) to create a new form. Then double cklicked on it to create it, entered a interface name (which was not existing also) and selected a context (the context was mapped before out of the component controller). Then se80 switched to form builder. The context nodes are available so I dragged some into the form, save & activate.

The result is, the dragged fields are visible, but there are no values assigned, the corresponding fields are empty.

I checked whether the context nodes are filled --> they are....

Any idea what's going wrong?