Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Comparing User Master Records in SAP ECC 6.0

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have 2 questions,

1.We have an issue with user master records comparison. we have assigned a certain role to the user with validity till 15.11.2010. But user had authorizations related to this role till 21.11.2010. The profile got deleted on 21.11.2010 from user record instead of 15.11.2010.Further I noticed that there was fresh assignment for this role as on 18.11.2010 for another new user. whenever fresh assignment happens the user master record should happen automatically but it is not the case here ? what can be reason ?

2.By google I have found one report PFCG_TIME_DEPENDENCY which can be scheduled as a background job periodically for user masster records comparision. I just want to know will there be any adverse impact on system performance if we run such jobs periodically ?

Please help.

Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Syam sundara babu.v

3 REPLIES 3

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nikhil,

1.We have an issue with user master records comparison. we have assigned a certain role to the user with validity till 15.11.2010. But user had authorizations related to this role till 21.11.2010. The profile got deleted on 21.11.2010 from user record instead of 15.11.2010.Further I noticed that there was fresh assignment for this role as on 18.11.2010 for another new user. whenever fresh assignment happens the user master record should happen automatically but it is not the case here ? what can be reason ?

This happens if the role is assigned twice and only 1 instance is removed.

2.By google I have found one report PFCG_TIME_DEPENDENCY which can be scheduled as a background job periodically for user masster records comparision. I just want to know will there be any adverse impact on system performance if we run such jobs periodically ?

The PFCG_TIME_DEPENDENCY job is required to perform the user master record comparison, so that these kind of inconsistencies will not occur. There will not be any system performance issues and it should be scheduled to run Dialy after 00:00 hours, so that the expired profiles will be deleted.

Alternatively, you can use PFUD transaction to create this job or to run the comparison once.

Hope this answers!!

Best Regards,

Raghu

Edited by: Raghu Boddu on Nov 24, 2010 9:06 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Nikhil,

I have observed this scenarios when you remove the role from SU01 instead of PFCG. You miss the user master comparision when you do from SU01 and sometimes I saw that profile for that role still remain though you remove the role from the roles tab.

It is wise the schedule the PFCG_ TIme job everynight to cleanup the profiles in user master.

Regards,

Venkatesh.k

0 Kudos

Hi Venkatesh,

I don't agree with you.

I have observed this scenarios when you remove the role from SU01 instead of PFCG.

Removing a role from SU01->Roles tab is always recommended and the comparison will be done immediately. I am curious to know any SAP note which says that PFCG is recommended instead of SU01.

Rgds,

Raghu