cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Inspection Lot Unrestricted Use

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Gurus,

We have a complex flow which post the GR from Process Order directly in unrestricted use with an inspection lot created.

The issue that I have is that the ATP Check being the stock in unrestricted will consider it immediately available even if the Usage Decision has not been taken.

Please advice

Thanks

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Try using Batch status 'restricted' instead. along with checking Group 'CH'.

in config Set initial batch status to 'restricted'. This will prevent batch being selected in ATP and batch determination. Later along with UD change the batch status to 'released'. Batch is is now available for ATP and batch determination.

For Availability check at batch level SAP has provided standard checking group 'CH'.

Note - This checking group does not consider Replenishment Lead time in ATP calculation. Also this checking group does not work exactly as you may expect but try.

Marwadi

Former Member
0 Kudos

I found your answer very useful thank you

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes you are right but my question is exactly if there is a way to customize it or an exit that we can use to do it.

Thanks

Marco

former_member42743
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

No. If the material is in unrestricted stock it is considered available regardless of the existence of an inspectoin lot. If you want ATP to take the inspection lot into consideration, then do not post the stock to unrestricited but to quality stock.

If it is important for you to take into consideration the inspection lot, then the quality of the stock must be an issue. Why are you allowing the material to go to unrestricted in the first place? The SAP process doesn't sound like it is matching the realities of your business process because clearly quality is important.

FF

former_member207800
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

As I understand, your material is directly post to unrestricted stock from process order, not inspection stock.

If right, ATP does not consider that an inspection lot has been decided (UD) or not.

or

If your material is post to insp. stock, check 'Availability check control' in configuration.

Customizing > Production Planning for Process Industries > Process Order > Operations > Availability Check > Define Scope of Check

Regards

Luke