cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to navigate inside the portal from App1 to App2 and transfer parameters

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I have two applications App1 and App2 from the same component.

App1 is presented to the user through iView1 which locates somewhere at the portal while App2 is presented to the user through iView2 which locates at somewhere else at the portal.

I would like to create a LinkToAction on App1 which by pressng on it will navigate inside the portal to App2 and will transfer a String parameter as well.

I know how to do it when I need to open App2 in new window but I don't know how to acomplish this navigation with parameter transfer inside the portal.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Try This

WDPortalNavigation.navigateAbsolute("ROLES:"+iview,WDPortalNavigationMode.SHOW_INPLACE,(String) null, (String) null, WDPortalNavigationHistoryMode.NO_DUPLICATIONS,(String) null,(String) null,"Param=Paramvalue");

"ROLES:"+iview=Iview Path

"Param=Paramvalue"=Parameter and its value

Youcan receive the value as

String parmvalue=WDWebContextAdapter.getWebContextAdapter().getRequestParameter("Param");

Kind Regards

Mukesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Yoav,

10X for the advice but as you stated, there is a problem with this method.

Hi Mukesh,

Thank you, it's working and it's exactly what I was looking for.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Roy,

For navigating in the portal, use <i>WDPortalNavigation</i>.

To pass parameters to a Web-Dynpro application that is executed via a Web-Dynpro iView,

you need to use the <i>Application Parameters</i> property.

You can change it in java code:

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/fd/ea5c42da4de92ce10000000a1550b0/frameset.htm

Problem is, since it's the same iView for all users, when several users will work simultanously,

the last one will overwrite the other's values.

Nevertheless, I hope it offers a direction.

Good luck,

Yoav.