cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No metadata files exist for development component

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am trying to do a CI export and getting the following error with Java.

Warning: Warning during command execution: No metadata files exist for development component 'com.sap.portal.activityreport.db'/'sap.com'/'SAP AG'/'7.0016.20080610125917.0000'/'2'. Cannot pack this archive.

No metadata files exist for development component 'com.sap.portal.activityreport.db'/'sap.com'/'SAP AG'/'7.0010.20061109164817.0000'/'0'. Cannot pack this archive.

Missing archives may lead to errors after the packed SDM installation has been extracted later.

Info: This SDM installation has been packed to /usr/sap/BID/BID_CI/JAVA/SDM/SDMKIT.JAR

To unpack this installation again, extract /usr/sap/BID/BID_CI/JAVA/SDM/SDMKIT.JAR and invoke the SDM command install with parameter extractpackedinst=true

I have already trued copying the 'com.sap.portal.activityreport.db from another system and still get the samerror for the components in that directory.

I also used the parameter sapinst SAPINST_SKIP_ERRORSTEP=true but no use. any other thoughts on this.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

This is resolved. I have created the path and moved the directories in the missing location and it worked fine. Though the path showed in the message was not correct.

Edited by: venkatesh koukuntla on Nov 30, 2010 3:55 PM