cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Portal Theme Issue for One application

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

There is a Issue with One of the user of our Portal. The Issue description is as given below.

We have An Application called "My profile", Which is ABAP dynpro application, called as Iview from portal. When it gets displayed in Portal, the Portal Standard theme is applied on it by default. Our Issue is, Only for One User and only for one application, the portal theme is not set properly and the page appears scrambled.

The worse part is, The user is having this issue only in few machines and not not in all machines. In some machine theme is set properly, and in some machine it is not set properly. We assumed it could be Browser related issue, but in machine where the user is having problem, when tested with different other user id, it is working fine. This means, Browser level issue is not there as if browser issue would have been there, it would have not worked for all the user in that browser.

Also, The theme is not set properly only for One app of the user, as other Abap webdypro application for the same user is working fine with proper theme set.

No errors in Default trace aswell and no javascript errors found inbrowser. The theme is not getting set only for One User, Only for One abap dynpro App and only in Few machines.

Can come one advice on what could be the issue.

Thanks in advance

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I assume that this application works for all other users. Then i would suggest to look into the user profile in portal to find out if there is any specific configuration for the user configured. Like stylesheets, CSS URL etc.

Also check once again that this application does not have any application Parameters like inlineCSS,WDTHEMEROOT are not set.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Baskaran,

I have 2 questions here then,

1. First, How and where to check all these parameters you have mentioned.

2. Second, If it is Parameter specific for application, then it should not work for user all the time. how is theme working in many machines and not working in Many machines, coz from where ever we login, i believe same parameters will be passed or not passed.

it is not browser specific, as it is not working with any browser, be it, Ie 6,7 or even mozilla.

Please advice.

Thanks in advance.

Former Member
0 Kudos

>

> 1. First, How and where to check all these parameters you have mentioned.

> 2. Second, If it is Parameter specific for application, then it should not work for user all the time. how is theme working in many machines and not working in Many machines, coz from where ever we login, i believe same parameters will be passed or not passed.

Hallo Shabir,

1. You can double click the application in se80 and see the right side pane that in parameters tab.

2. You are right, if its application specific then i would expect that all users are experiencing this problem.

I suggest you to open a service ticket with SAP . It is probably something to do with Rendering in some machines.

Answers (0)