cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pro Rata Free Goods in Return Sales Order

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I would like to know if the system can automatically propose the Free Goods in the return sales order when created with reference to the billing document.

The Billing Document has a

Main Line Item -- 100

Free Goods -- 10

and when a returns sales order is created with reference to the above billling document, the system displays both the above line items in the returns order and if the customer is returning only 50 the requirement is the system must automatically propose 5 free goods once the mail line item quantity is changed by the user.

Regards

PJ.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

The returns which we make is with a reference so i think i should happen.In a normal business process if we have given free goods for an item,the system displays.But is it that ur customer has returned the entire billed quantity or partially returned?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

The Returns Sales Order is created with reference to the billing document and when there is complete return there is no issue as all the line item are copied but when there is a partial return the system is not determining the pro rata free goods as per the reduced original line item quantity.

Iam i missing any configurations in the copying controls from the bill to the order?

Regards

PJ

Former Member
0 Kudos

Kindly let us know how you are giving free goods manually or you are using MATERIAL INCLUSIVE OR EXCLUSIVE

If you are doing it manually then in return order it will not determine it

If you are using MATERIAL INCLUSIVE OR EXCLUSIVE then it should determine automatically

*Free goods - In SAP there are two types Exclusive and Inclusive.*

Exclusive - Buy 100 and get 10 free. This means you have to buy minimum 100 pieces then on that you will get 10 piece absolutely free.

Inclusive - Buy 100 get 10 free. In this case it means you are paying for only 90 item and the other 10 item is absolutely free.

Configuration:

IMG - Sales & Distribution - Basic Functions - Free Goods - condition technique for free goods -

1. create the condition table.

2. maintain access sequence and assign the condition table to the access sequence.

3. maintain condition type and assign the access sequence to the condition type.

4. maintain the procedure for free goods and assign the condition type to the free goods procedure.

5. Activate free goods determination. In this enter sales org., dis channel, division , docu pri pro, cust pri pro and the free goods procedure.

6. now go to VBN1 - create free goods determination. Select your condition type, key combination and enter. Here you enter sales org, dis channel, customer no., Valid from and Valid to dates. Then you first select whether it is exclusive or inclusive free goods determination. By default it will be inclusive if you click on exclusive it will become exclusive and on top it will display inclusive. Here you enter minimum quantity for free goods and from what order quantity the number of free goods. You can control the delivery also in the second last column(free goods delivery control).

Save the record. Go to VA01 create the sales order , enter the item and the minimum quantity for free goods to be applicable and observe the results.

Edited by: Vishal J on Nov 24, 2010 1:10 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

VBN1 and Exclusive.

PJ

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi

In VBN1

check the Calculation rule Column if u maintain it as 1 i.e. Pro rata then i think it will work

or let us know what the calculation rule

Also check the validity Period, your document should be in the Validity range

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

These are all maintained and the returns sales order is within range.

PJ

Former Member
0 Kudos

are you using same pricing procedure for both

It seems you are using only one pricing procedure for sales and sales returns orders.

Please confirm what item category you are using for normal sales and for retun sales

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Iam using different pricing procedures and item categories .

PJ

Former Member
0 Kudos

Goto NRAB transaction code and enter the Free goods Condition type and click on EXCLUSIVE Icon on the Application bar

In the Field FOR maintain 10

In the Field ADD FREE GOODS maintain 1 ( As the 1 %)

in the Field CALCLATION maintain as 1

In the Field FREE GOODS DETERMINATION maintain as 2 ( which is for Exclusive)

So this will be treated as Proportional based on the Calculation

Once you create the Order with 10 automatically 1 will be determined as Free good

Try to change the HIGHER Item and check the impact of Free good item

free goods determination happens only for document with category"C" for return order the category would be "H".

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vishal,

Thank you for all your inputs, confirm if the Free Goods can be determined in the Returns Order?

If not then what is the procedure for determining free good s=in the returns order?

PJ

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear PJ,

Yes free goods will be determined at return order. You maintain copy control fro TANN to RENN. Then the same will be determined.

Suppose in billing main item = 10

free= 6

When you make return order with ref to billing doc both 10 and 5 will be copied, but system wont consider pro-rata basis.

For eg if you edit main item =5, then naturally you want free needs to be automatically changes to 3. This wont happen at all as far as my exp is concerned. If anybody have other views please.

I hope i clear your requirement

Thanks & regards,

Deepu Pillai

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

this is to infrom you that,

when you have done normal sales with prorata allotment of free goods then it has to consider for sales order returns also.

i am not sure on this.

please check the process and update the forum.

regards,

balajia