cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ldap connector configuration

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello ,

i have configured ldap connector in our ecc6 system.

the ldap connector is configured against microsft AD - everything is working fine but i have a question

in the ldap transaction , in the ldap servers button i have the option to configure a few server names.

is it possible to configure 2 or more AD servers so that whenever one AD is down the system automatically connects to the second AD server

i saw that there is a default selection option in the server names line - for what does it use?

can i choose 2 systems to be default?

please advise

Regards,

Moshe

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

JPReyes
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

is it possible to configure 2 or more AD servers so that whenever one AD is down the system automatically connects to the second AD server

Yes, thats posible.

i saw that there is a default selection option in the server names line - for what does it use?

can i choose 2 systems to be default?

As far I know you can only choose one default server. But I havent use it in a while so I could be wrong.

Regards

Juan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Juan ,

i have already configured 2 ad servers - only one of them is signed as default.

how do i configure that whenever there is a problem with one active AD server automatically the system will transfer to use the second server.

we had this kind of problem and we had to change the default system

Regards,

Moshe

JPReyes
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

As long as they are listed it should take the next one when the default is not reachable.

Regards

Juan

Former Member
0 Kudos

well - this didn't happen although the 2 AD servers were listed - only after changing the second AD server sign to default everything started working

JPReyes
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

If theres 2 ldap server names for a single application and one of them is down it should try the other one as far as I can see.

About the default option, if you read the F1 doc it reads,

This is used, if no server name is explicitly specified in the application (for example, user master synchronization using RSLDAPSYNC_USER). There can only be one default server for each LDAP application.

So is used at application level

Regards

Juan

PS: having said that, I cant see an option to automatically change the defaults in case of a problem

Edited by: Juan Reyes on Nov 24, 2010 10:57 AM