cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

File to IDOC -- How to access file on local drive

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI,

I am trying a FILE to IDOC scenario, I want to access a file which is on my local machine ( windows XP system on a network/ no firewall )

I want to read a file form the local drive using PI server and then Update vendor master on SAP R/3.

If any one has done this scenario, Kindly give some insight into this.

WindowXp system on network -> PI server -> SAP R/3.

Regards

Santosh B

Edited by: Banupanth Santosh on Nov 24, 2010 8:39 AM

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

In order to access File from local machine you need to install FTP Utility and set as FTP system..

that is FTP service must be running on local machine in order for PI to fetch the file..

Install File Zilla Utility freeware for running the same..

Hope this hepls

Rajesh

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You have two options here:

1. Upload the file to the file system of PI server by calling transaction SXDA_TOOLS on the PI server(through R/3 login). Basically what you do here is upload the file from presentation server (your desktop) to the application server (File system of PI Server). For this, your desktop should be reachable from the PI server without any firewalls. Then in your File channel , you metion the File protocol as NFS and specify the correct source directory and filename.

2. Install & start FTP Server on your desktop and place the File on the root directory of FTP server and access the same through the File channel by giving proper FTP Server address, source directory, filename, username & Password of the FTP Server.

I hope this helps.

Regards, Gaurav.

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Gaurav,

how to upload file using SXDA_TOOLS transaction. Kindly elaborate the procedure.

Regards

Santosh B

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

if you want to upload the file to the PI server then you can go for SXDA_TOOLS..

i.e uploading of the file from Local System to the Server directory..

Execute SXDA_TOOLS and select data transfer as project and then select copy from the menu option and then screen will appear

where you can provide the source file path(local system file path) and target file path (server file path)..

Once uploaded you need to proovide the path of the server file in FTP sender channel (in this case need to select the message protocol as NFS instead of FTP)..

Search WIKI if still not clear on SXDA_TOOLS there is article on the same..

HTH

Rajesh