Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Exclude wbs from settlement in cj8g

former_member711289
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear All,

I am trying to run settlemnet throug t code CJ8G and there in settlement i want to run settlement but want to exclude billing element from that. When i am running settlement i am making condition " not equal to" and putting billing wbs in that. But than also system is running settlement for that wbs. Kindly let me know what can be the reason behind that.

Regards

Abhishek Sinha

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member711289
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear All,

Thanks for the reply. I got solution, in cj8g i am selecting condition account assignment and excluding the billing element . In this case all wbs are getting settled except billing element. After that i am again running cj8g and selecting only include billing element in condition. So i am able to get the desired result.

Thanks a lot for contribution.

Regards

Abhishek Sinha

Edited by: abhishek sinha on Nov 26, 2010 4:39 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

Please confirm if billing element is child of any other wbs in settlement list.

regards,

Avinash

former_member711289
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Avi,

Thanks for the reply. You are right billing element is child wbs. Kindly let me know. I want to run settlement first but no billing element should be settled. Later on i will settle all the billing elements as its required by users.

Regards

Abhishek Sinha

former_member203108
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Then first maintain the settlement profile for billing WBSE which says 'not for settlement" or "cannot be settled"...execute the settlement and whenever you want to settle the billing WBSE then change the settlement profile accordingly.

former_member221039
Active Participant
0 Kudos

i am also looking for same option while running CJ8G, to exclude certain projects, how to achieve this.

per Ahmed, it is involved img settings always to change project file settings.

Experts, pl let us know how we can restrict CJ8G certain projects for Collective Settlement.

Regards

Srihari

virendra_pal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

CJ8G is collective settlement and the selection of projects is based on a variant.

All you have to do is to set up your variant to exclude projects that you do not need to settle or use the do not settle profile for those projects (as advised by Ahmed)

former_member203108
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

per Ahmed, it is involved img settings always to change project file settings.

You dont have to go and change IMG settings to change the settlement profiles. I would suggest you to search the forum further, so that you will understand what i am saying.

Also, write "Please" fully dont cut it short.

0 Kudos

Hello,

To add some more information,

I have created a user status and used a status selection profile in my variant to avoid settlement in certain WBS elements.

This will avoid unwanted inclusion of closed or hold projects WBS elements during settlement run.

Edited by: Ausaf Usmani on Nov 25, 2010 11:34 AM

virendra_pal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Very good suggestion - excellent