Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

UOM issue in MDM?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We are in Migration of CCM to MDM.

While uploading we are using EA, BX like that in the upload file. But in the MDM mapping , we are seeing the description each , BOX on the right hand side and also we are not able to see the UOM ID in mapping tables. So we are not able to map. This thing is happening for lot of tables. I think this is due to DF is description.

Can we change the DF(disaply field ) from Description to Code in UOm table ?

Regards

Venkatesh P

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Venkatesh,

You can change the display fields from description to Code. You can also enable key mapping for the look up table and make the code and the remote key.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You mean to say..i can change the look up field to UOM code in main structure for UOM.

Regards

Venkatesh P

Former Member
0 Kudos

You really should read a bit about Display Fields and Remote Keys and how to use and configure them in the Console, Import Manager and Data Manager.

In short, if all you want is to be able to map to the Code field instead of the Description field in Import Manager change the UOM table in the console so the Code field has Display Field = True, and the Description field has Display Field = No. Doing that means, besides the import impact, that in Data Manager a drop-down for a lookup field to this table will show the UOM Code, not the Description (as you have now).

Read about Remote Keys to understand how to show the Description in Data Manager while being able to map in import manager using the code.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thank you for your response.

It is clear now.

can you send me link for some documents to understand the Mapping concept.

Regards

Venkatesh P