cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

webi report from Prod to Dev

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI all,

How to copy a report from Production to Dev and QA. My reports are not same in three env. I need to make a copy of report from Prod to dev and QA so that i can update a change which i have to make in dev and later move to production. Do i need to ask Administrator to make a copy of the report in prod to Dev or i have to do myself. if myself then how do i copy report from Production to Dev environment?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Alex, Import Wizard is a tool that works on all BOE XI versions to promote report objects from environment to environment. Life Cycle Manager is a new tool in XI 3.1 but it is not yet a mature product (not until BI 4.0).

With the being said, such task should be performed by your BusinessObjects Administrator and not by the report developer. It insures a proper change management process is being followed.

Hope this helps.

-

If you are using the BusinessObjects tool, you should join [ASUG|www.asug.com]

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks all..

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

MariannevL
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

It mostly depends on if you have the same universe(s) on dev and prod that this report uses.

Also depends on your acces to the systems.

A way totally self supporting would be:

Log on to prod, import the report, save without document and user security.

Log on to dev, open the document, refresh it against the dev versions of the universe

(this hooks up the connections to the universe) and export to dev.

Hope this helps,

Marianne

former_member59816
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

It depends on which version of BOE you have installed.

If it is the latest version ie.XI3.1 SP3 then you can use the Life Cycle Manager ie, LCM with which you can select the Source and the destination system for promoting the reports.

OR else you can use the Import Wizard tool also for moving the report from one box to other.

-Noor.