cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Crystal Reports V10 returns 'Not supported' error message

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi team,

I have a client installation using Crystal Reports v10 SP6 reporting sales and volume figures daily/weekly and monthly year on year comparisons for more than 100 stores.

They have just upgraded the MSSQL 2000 database to MSSQL 2008 and the daily report fails with a 'Not supported' error message, on the larger brand of stores, but not on the much smaller brand of stores.

I'm trying to find out if is there a known condition in MSSQL Server 2008 Express Edition which trips up Crystal Reports Version 10 on large volumes of transactions. (60 million or more rows)

All help is appreciated

Cheers

Bernard

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

0 Kudos

Is there a way to try the sql generated by your CR report directly on the MS SQL server?

To me it sounds like the SQL statement cannot be handled by the Express Version of MS SQL Server. As far as I know that there are some limitations ragarding the memory used (max 1GB). Maybe your SQL statement is hitting these limits.

Regards,

Stratos

0 Kudos

Hi Bernard,

And after check what Stratos suggests then be aware that CR 2008 SP3 with FP 3.1 is the only version of CR that supports MS SQL Server 2008.

If you upgrade your server you should upgrade CR also. If upgrading CR is not an option then I suggest you roll back to MS SQL 2000 and stay on supported platforms.

Search Microsoft's site for any limitations in the Express version for the number of rows allowed. This sounds like it could be a limitation with SQL. Possibly you'll have to go to the Enterprise version of SQL 2008.

How are you connecting, ODBC or OLE DB and which driver are you using?

Thank you

Don

Former Member
0 Kudos

BernardGBailey:

Hi team,

I have resolved the issue by updating the links so the main retrieve is searching from a datetime parameter to a datetime field on the master table ; removed two redundant tables; added an index to one of the related tables.

This meant I could reduce the run time from 6 hours to 15 minutes and thereby no error. The monthly report which is not required now, still fails with the same error; maybe the temp tables are too large or the OLE timeouts need increasing.

So the current issue is solved, nothing to do with the drivers or CR11 or CR2008, Crystal 10 runs the report as expected now, except for the very large volume report.

Thanks

Bernard

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

You can also try CR 11

Former Member
0 Kudos

If you are going to upgrade, go to the latest version, CR 2008