cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

webservices in Adobe form fails even when it works fine in Portals.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I am new to web services in adobe form, can somebody help me to understand the reason of failing web service call in my adobe form.

We are working on a simple adobe form with a simple webservice. the web service is in SAP CRM 7.0 and we are designing the form in Livecycle designer stand alone not through SFP tcode.

problem is when we execute the web service from adobe form nothing happens.

There is no script in the adobeform to check if the web serive is called. the technical team claims there is no hit happening to the service. but when we execute the same web service with in a simple web dynpro app in portal it does work.

earlier we had some similar forms with web service which used to work, now they are also not working from adobeform.

Are we missing something, when importing/data connection a webservice how do we make sure from the form that the connection and trigger are successful.

Please let me know if you need any more information.

Thanks & Regards

Sai Krishna.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Just a small update on the query I posted.

I searched tru and found couple of posts in Adobe fourm which says

Adobe readers cannot execute web services, to do so we need to have Reader Extension on the Adobe reader.

Is this the problem for my form, if i just dont understand why such restrictions for developers at the design time itself..?

Regards,

Sai Krishna.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

A further update on my post.

There seems to be some authentication issue which was resolved by our Basis guy.

then tested it sucessfully in Acrobat Pro.

Where as the same form failed in a standalone ADLC publish.

Regards,

Sai