cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error installing PI 7.1 on MSCS Windows

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

When I try to install ASCS instance, sapinst is stopped with following error message:

An error occurred while processing service SAP NetWeaver Process Integration 7.1 > Installation Options > SAP Systems with Oracle > High-Availability System > Based on AS ABAP and AS Java > Central Services Instance for ABAP (ASCS)( Last error reported by the step :Unable to set access rights of sapmnt. SetNamedSecurityInfo: This shared resource does not exist.).

Checking sapmnt properties, I notice that the resource is shared with "read-only" access mode to Everyone. So, I modify the permissions manually to include SAP_LocalAdmin or another Administrator account and restart sapinst but a new error message is displayed:

Error when sharing file system export (share) sapmnt : The name has already been shared.

PD: sapinst is initiated using sapinst.exe SAPINST_USE_HOSTNAME=<virtual hostname> with domain administrator.

Any idea?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member189546
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

please make sure that you start the installation with

sapinst.exe SAPINST_USE_HOSTNAME=<virtual hostname of (A)SCS instance>

regards,

John Feely

sebastian_dusch
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi,

asfar as I know, you don't need SAPINST_USE_HOSTNAME for PI 7.10.

Try installing PI without specifying SAPINST_USE_HOSTNAME

Best,

Sebastian

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hola Luis,

As per the error looks like the SAPMNT share was already created before the installer proceded to create it so will be better if you delete the SAPMNT share and let the system create the share and set the security by repeating from init the phase.

Please tell us what phase is the upgrade rigth now?

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for your replies

I've already tested both scenaries: If sapmnt is created automatically by sapinst, the install process ends with an error due to wrong rigths over the resource. If I create sapmnt manually with full access, an error message is displayed to indicate that the resource already exists.

Additionally, sapinst has been started with/without virtual hostname option.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I'm not sure what user are you using to install, what I usually do is that Windows Administrators creates users SIDADM and SAPservice SID (include them in administrators group) and although SAP does not recommend to do this, I install using SIDADM and have never experience this problem.

If you are using lattest SAPinst and the problems appears then you will probably need to open and OSS message.

Regards,

Former Member
0 Kudos

The SAP support answer was that platform MSCS + Win2008 + PI 7.11 is not compatible yet and this could affect the installation process.

Thanks for your replies.

marksmyth
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hello

We will move this thread to the SAP on Windows forum. This is not a PI specific query and I think you will get a better response on the Windows forum.

Regards

XI/PI Moderator